The Student Room Group

The hardest Gcse

I was wondering what really is, The hardest Gcse?

Scroll to see replies

Well it's subjective of course but my hardest subject is definitely english literature. Yours?
Mine was maths :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Same:-), I don't understand anything.
Reply 5
Chemistry, it was easy until the final exam (which I managed to fluke a B in and get an A overall) but because I was last minute rushing trying to learn chemistry, I got a B in biology... Meh, you win some, you lose some.
Reply 6
Citizenship.

The material was easy, staying awake in lessons was the hard part.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Either Art or History. Didn't really like either of them and was only forced to take them because school didn't end up running Spanish or Music or Graphics and Food Tech was full. Spent loads of my free time in half terms doing coursework for Art and I scraped C overall, and my History teacher didn't like me and accused me of not trying hard enough when he refused to help me so I just gave up in the end to be completely honest
Reply 8
english literature, cause you actually have to care about books and the bull**** that the author is supposedly trying to say subliminally in his/her writing..
I found history quite hard at the beginning but I think German was the hardest for me, there's only so many things you can Google Translate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Honestly, English is very hard if you are not born with the talent and science is also extremely hard ( I scrape B's in both subjects )
Reply 11
French was a bit of an arse but then again learning languages is quite different from anything else.
Reply 12
English is definitely the hardest! Because my mind is logical, I find subjects easier when there's only one answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
electronic products
Reply 14
Original post by kelgeo9798
English is definitely the hardest! Because my mind is logical, I find subjects easier when there's only one answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree. I hate subjects where your interpretation is the difference between an A and a C..
English Literature (curse you poems!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r_u_jelly
electronic products

Really? It's my fave! :yes:
English literature- I can't write essays to save my life and the mutual hatred I shared with my teacher hardly helped the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheDaylighter
Really? It's my fave! :yes:

I did it years ago but it is difficult because it involves learning a whole new language .. resistors, transistors all that crap and the circuits have to be perfect for them to be good
Reply 19
Engineering, last year when I did it it had a 0.7% a* rate and a truly crazy amount of coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest