The Student Room Group

The hardest Gcse

Scroll to see replies

Geography. Biggest amount of revision compared to any other subject.
english language/literature, i'd literally be so happy if i even scraped a B in both subjects, not looking forward to those exams at all.
Reply 22
I would say that History and English Language & Literature are the hardest GCSE Examinations to pass with a good grade. English is down to how you are on the day and your luck with the questions and just your ability that you have no power over. History on the other hand, is down to knowledge, structure, understanding and a heap load of revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are all pretty piss easy tbh.
Reply 24
Original post by StrangestThings
They are all pretty piss easy tbh.

I would definitely say that is a load of rubbish. GCSE's are designed to catch you out with structure and many other things whereas subjects done at A-Level are said to be harder yet they are more based on general interest and passion. I respect your opinion but disagree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JayJay-C19
I would definitely say that is a load of rubbish. GCSE's are designed to catch you out with structure and many other things whereas subjects done at A-Level are said to be harder yet they are more based on general interest and passion. I respect your opinion but disagree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree with the fact that you disagree with me.

I do not think that they try and catch you out if anything it seems that they are throwing marks right at you. If you are reasonably intelligent and but a little effort in I really don't understand why you can't pass them all.

I believe they should be made a lot harder than they currently are because students are starting A levels and finding the step up a real struggle. It's not the student's fault it's the governments.
Reply 26
Geography - so much content to learn!
Reply 27

I do not think that they try and catch you out if anything it seems that they are throwing marks right at you. If you are reasonably intelligent and but a little effort in I really don't understand why you can't pass them all.

I believe they should be made a lot harder than they currently are because students are starting A levels and finding the step up a real struggle. It's not the student's fault it's the governments.

Can I ask what age you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I ask what age you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

18, you?
Original post by r_u_jelly
electronic products

I do AQA Electronics and IMO it's pretty good :smile:

Original post by Audi
Engineering, last year when I did it it had a 0.7% a* rate and a truly crazy amount of coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

If you mean Edexcel Engineering (the one I do), the workload is crazy, coursework boundaries are insane and the exam is just confusing :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30

I would just like to point out that only now you have made reference to JUST passing your GCSE's. If they are all so easy, you'd be a straight A student. They aren't at all easy, I am studying them now after all of their amendments and I am sorry but you are wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
18, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me it was higher tier Latin.. *shudder*
Reply 33
Original post by Flobie
For me it was higher tier Latin.. *shudder*

What is it actually like studying Latin? I really wanted to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you might think they are difficult now, I did when I was taking them but come back and tell me how hard they were once you have attempted A levels my friend.

I was not a straight A student but I was lazy as hell and got 5 As and 5 A*s out of 13. I am certainly not very intelligent but if you understand what the exam board wants from you, you can blag it all the way.
Reply 35
Yeah you might think they are difficult now, I did when I was taking them but come back and tell me how hard they were once you have attempted A levels my friend.

I was not a straight A student but I was lazy as hell and got 5 As and 5 A*s out of 13. I am certainly not very intelligent but if you understand what the exam board wants from you, you can blag it all the way.

Okay, so how did you find out what they wanted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Computing.

It's just so boring and tedious.

250 pages in the book about databases and computer structures that you must revise for.

Tell me how you can hack it?
Okay, so how did you find out what they wanted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get down with the specifications, know what you need to know, know your exam structure and technique. See what they award marks for (AO1, AO2 and all that jazz) and check out exemplar answers that scored highly. Look at past papers and the kind of questions they ask etc. Learn how to sound intelligent and like you know what you are talking about because they believe you and will be more inclined to give you marks.

I really don't understand why people don't find out everything about that exam before even revising because they really should, it's all on the exam boards website. :wink:
What is it actually like studying Latin? I really wanted to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was alright to be honest, quite interesting seeing where some of our words come from. I would have rather done foundation tier because they had to learn half as much, we had like 8 pages of vocab to learn, plus the full translations of a piece of Latin literature and three bits of prose...

In the end it was good as long as you out the effort into learning everything, and there was a hell of a lot to learn!
Reply 39
Get down with the specifications, know what you need to know, know your exam structure and technique. See what they award marks for (AO1, AO2 and all that jazz) and check out exemplar answers that scored highly. Look at past papers and the kind of questions they ask etc. Learn how to sound intelligent and like you know what you are talking about because they believe you and will be more inclined to give you marks.

I really don't understand why people don't find out everything about that exam before even revising because they really should, it's all on the exam boards website. :wink:

When you say its piss easy to pass, do you mean a C or a relatively high grade likan an A/A*?

Sent from my camel using Etihad desertways

Quick Reply

Latest