The Student Room Group

The hardest Gcse

Scroll to see replies

History, but that's probably because I really dislike revision. Well, that and I hate my history teacher.

For me, English language was pretty easy. I would do next to no work every lesson, but still came out with an A.
Original post by Bobjim12
When you say its piss easy to pass, do you mean a C or a relatively high grade likan an A/A*?

Sent from my camel using Etihad desertways

Piss easy to pass with Cs. Didn't really struggle to get my A/A*s but understand that everybody has different capabilities.
Reply 42
Original post by StrangestThings
Piss easy to pass with Cs. Didn't really struggle to get my A/A*s but understand that everybody has different capabilities.

In that case i agree. I did no revision. Nothing. NADA in my year 10 mocks and got A*, A, 3bs 2cs. While this isn't spectacular, it proves the easy nature of gcses,

People who struggle to get Cs aren't trying at all, and they don't want to either.

All A* i must disagree isn't that easy, nowhere near impossible, but still there is a degree in difficulty which most students can still achieve..

In that case i agree. I did no revision. Nothing. NADA in my year 10 mocks and got A*, A, 3bs 2cs. While this isn't spectacular, it proves the easy nature of gcses,

People who struggle to get Cs aren't trying at all, and they don't want to either.

All A* i must disagree isn't that easy, nowhere near impossible, but still there is a degree in difficulty which most students can still achieve..

I agree, I am proof that they are easy because I am not that clever ad did alright. Everybody should be able to come out with Cs in the maths, science and english in my opinion.
I presume GCSE Art would be quite difficult, a 10-hour exam which although is split into two 5 hour sessions still sounds pretty intense.
German, but that could be because in year eleven we had a terrible teacher.
Reply 46
I agree, I am proof that they are easy because I am not that clever ad did alright. Everybody should be able to come out with Cs in the maths, science and english in my opinion.

I looked at foundation maths paper, and i could 100% in 5 mins. People in my school get Es on it.. I think i went to a **** school in the end..

What were your predicted vs actual grades? If you can remember?

I looked at foundation maths paper, and i could 100% in 5 mins. People in my school get Es on it.. I think i went to a **** school in the end..

What were your predicted vs actual grades? If you can remember?

I know it's mental, these people could do it if they bothered. It might take some people a bit of hard work getting to grips with it but c'mon. I went to a pretty crap school too and it was painful sometimes, just proves that the standard of our education is awful. I have a friend that moved over from Portugal, she is taking her A levels now but she was taught the stuff we are doing in maths when she was 14.

My predicted grades were pretty poor actually, I don't think I was predicted higher than a B in anything. I didn't really do much or pay attention in class, too busy messing around. What are yours like? I prefer having less expected of me, it lessens the pressure.
Reply 48
I know it's mental, these people could do it if they bothered. It might take some people a bit of hard work getting to grips with it but c'mon. I went to a pretty crap school too and it was painful sometimes, just proves that the standard of our education is awful. I have a friend that moved over from Portugal, she is taking her A levels now but she was taught the stuff we are doing in maths when she was 14.

My predicted grades were pretty poor actually, I don't think I was predicted higher than a B in anything. I didn't really do much or pay attention in class, too busy messing around. What are yours like? I prefer having less expected of me, it lessens the pressure.

Mine are all A* :/.. And im constantly reminded of it, im sick of it tbh, if they just left me to do instead of pestering me over it i wouldn't
have felt 6 months ago that i was failing at life.. Hey ho, thats school eh?

I could get 12Bs right now in my gcses. i haven't done much revision.. Does really show how piss easy they are, for a C.

PE for me, well on paper anyway... Got a C in the exam despite getting an A* in biology and putting in a decent amount of revision. Very strange.
Mine are all A* :/.. And im constantly reminded of it, im sick of it tbh, if they just left me to do instead of pestering me over it i wouldn't
have felt 6 months ago that i was failing at life.. Hey ho, thats school eh?

I could get 12Bs right now in my gcses. i haven't done much revision.. Does really show how piss easy they are, for a C.

Sound's like you'll get your predicted grades though so don't let them get you down. You know what you need to do best. I am in the same situation with A levels before everybody was telling me to aim for Bs now it's As and at A level. Pisses me off because I learn my way and they don't accept that.

Do you have any idea what you;ll do for A levels?
Reply 51
Original post by MrSupernova
PE for me, well on paper anyway... Got a C in the exam despite getting an A* in biology and putting in a decent amount of revision. Very strange.

The hardest gcse.... PE lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Piss easy" for you. You're more intelligent than the average kid (congratulations); it ain't that easy for everyone. Believe me, my best friend had a real mental block with maths, but he worked like a dog (far harder than I ever did, for maths anyway) and resat 4 times until he finally got a C. I suggest you make the most of what you've been given, work hard and achieve your potential.
Reply 53
Sound's like you'll get your predicted grades though so don't let them get you down. You know what you need to do best. I am in the same situation with A levels before everybody was telling me to aim for Bs now it's As and at A level. Pisses me off because I learn my way and they don't accept that.

Do you have any idea what you;ll do for A levels?

I hope so, atm im confident of a few A*s and mostly As. Its putting in the effort of effective revision which is the missing piece..

Yes i do, maths, further maths, philosophy (compulsory) and spanish. I was thinking of physics as well but im unsure if it is too much work for me

What did you do/are doing?

Reply 54
"Piss easy" for you. You're more intelligent than the average kid (congratulations); it ain't that easy for everyone. Believe me, my best friend had a real mental block with maths, but he worked like a dog (far harder than I ever did, for maths anyway) and resat 4 times until he finally got a C. I suggest you make the most of what you've been given, work hard and achieve your potential.

Google search edexcel maths foundation paper and report back to me whether an idiot could still get a c on that..

Original post by Hart1995
The hardest gcse.... PE lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my reaction when I saw my results slip haha
Google search edexcel maths foundation paper and report back to me whether an idiot could still get a c on that..

I've seen the AQA ones before, I agree they're not exactly rocket science... But just because they're easy for us, that doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Some people are, as you so eloquently put it, "idiots" and have to work very hard to get a half-decent grade. Doesn't exactly make them inferior human beings
Reply 57
English language was my worst so I'd be compelled to say that, French was my second worse, and I kinda considered it harder, so French was too, I'd say. Didn't really revise for them though (just hoped I was smart/lucky enough to get Bs in them, which it turned out I was).
Art however was a hell of a lot of work, even at GCSE it was remarkably high workload compared to any other subject (although obviously it wasn't mentally straining or remembering stuff like most other subjects, which makes up for it).

It isn't even funny how easy the paper I just looked at is. Is that seriously what they are asking people? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My sister is taking her gcses next year and if she doesn't get above Cs I will disown her! Is Edexcel taking the piss? People have an hour and 15 do do that? Give them 15 mins.
Reply 59
I've seen the AQA ones before, I agree they're not exactly rocket science... But just because they're easy for us, that doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Some people are, as you so eloquently put it, "idiots" and have to work very hard to get a half-decent grade. Doesn't exactly make them inferior human beings

If they cant, sadly i think it does..

I looked at one and a C was 130/200. 70 mistakes and still a C?

(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest