Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobjim12
If they cant, sadly i think it does..

Sent from my camel using Etihad desertways

It means they're less intelligent than you, nothing else
Reply 61
Original post by MrSupernova
It means they're less intelligent than you, nothing else

It means they are completely inept of life skills.

Reply 62
Oh what I did better in English Literature than language lmao...

I'd say English Language even though it looks like a lot of people would disagree :tongue:
Reply 63
Original post by Inexorably
Oh what I did better in English Literature than language lmao...

I'd say English Language even though it looks like a lot of people would disagree :tongue:

Lit is easy if you enjoy reading, otherwise its a real pain of a gcse,

It means they are completely inept of life skills.

It shows they're not very good with numbers; how does that show that they are incapable of absolutely everything? Some people with little to no qualifications end up with fantastic careers or businesses, even if most don't. Equally, some very intelligent people have zero common sense and struggle outside of academia. Do you genuinely believe that getting good GCSE's somehow means those who don't do as well are beneath you?
Reply 65
Original post by MrSupernova
It shows they're not very good with numbers; how does that show that they are incapable of absolutely everything? Some people with little to no qualifications end up with fantastic careers or businesses, even if most don't. Equally, some very intelligent people have zero common sense and struggle outside of academia. Do you genuinely believe that getting good GCSE's somehow means those who don't do as well are beneath you?

No, someone who cant get 130/200 on a foundation maths paper is beneath me, i never once mentioned other gcses.

Reply 66
Lit is easy if you enjoy reading, otherwise its a real pain of a gcse,

Meh it was okay. I enjoyed "An Inspector Calls" and "Animal Farm", but my God "Of Mice And Men" is the dullest thing I have ever read it was such a chore to get through and I'm sure the majority of my final exam was on it :frown:.

Romeo and Juliet was... meh.
It's the subject you're not good at.
Reply 68
Original post by Inexorably
Meh it was okay. I enjoyed "An Inspector Calls" and "Animal Farm", but my God "Of Mice And Men" is the dullest thing I have ever read it was such a chore to get through and I'm sure the majority of my final exam was on it :frown:.

Romeo and Juliet was... meh.

GEORGE SHOOTS LENNIE! Lol. I went into a year 10 class and shouted it last october, almost got suspended.. I havent even read the book.

Im doing to kill a mockingbird and the woman in black, mockingbirds ok but my god the woman in black is awful, i fell asleep for the duration of a double lesson when reading it as a class

looking back, foreign languages were the hardest ones. i had no motivation to study and I still don't.
Reply 70
I'm good at every single subject apart from English.

Maths, Sciences even essay based subjects I'll get straight A*'s and A's

But English? No.

I'm prob gonna get a C/B for English Literature which I'm doing now. I don't understand this whole "make your own interpretation, think outside the box" thing.

THERE IS NO BOX TO BEGIN WITH.

Seriously, if anybody can give tips to me on how to get an A in English Literature(a C/B student in English), it'll be a miracle ;]
I have to say, at first I was going to criticise some of the posters here for how unnecessarily cruel they sounded towards those of lesser academic ability - maths in particular. I was capable at 14 of A*s and an As IT A with no schooling past 13, sat at home with textbooks; but I am very well aware that not everybody is - and I have tutored for a number of years to those who are willing, but not able.

However after reviewing the AQA foundation paper, I do agree that something is going very wrong - particularly with maths education in the UK. A C should be easily obtainable, no matter ability, after typically two years of classroom study.
I found mine to be Maths but a lot of my friends said English Lit because really there is no set rule.
Original post by sjaan
I'm good at every single subject apart from English.

Maths, Sciences even essay based subjects I'll get straight A*'s and A's

But English? No.

I'm prob gonna get a C/B for English Literature which I'm doing now. I don't understand this whole "make your own interpretation, think outside the box" thing.

THERE IS NO BOX TO BEGIN WITH.

Seriously, if anybody can give tips to me on how to get an A in English Literature(a C/B student in English), it'll be a miracle ;]

LOL, I'm exactly the same, I do well in most subjects but English just confuses the hell out of me (Engineering too, but that's mainly because of my bd teacher if anything :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find Latin really hard. The set texts are so long and there is so much to learn . . . And I suck at Science. I do not understand electricity in Physics AT ALL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths.
I'm barely scraping a D at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
They're all easy and I am above everyone.
Original post by TheDaylighter
Well it's subjective of course but my hardest subject is definitely english literature. Yours?

Original post by Changing Skies
Mine was maths :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There proves it all. First two posts.

Different for everyone!
Reply 78
Maths is really quite easy to gain a grade c in as you will only need a few marks. For me lt is triple science. As you have to take 6 exams and have to learn a lot of content. Also, history is quite a hard course as have learn a lot about. I wish I never chose history personally
Reply 79
Geography, English and Science are the hardest for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest