The Student Room Group

The hardest Gcse

Scroll to see replies

Spanish kills me,
I hope to get A/A* in all subject but hope to scrape a B in Spanish, wouldn't be surprised if I got a C either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
English Literature was the hardest one for me, mainly because I found it extremely boring and I'm not the best at essay writing
Art/Drama/English? There's a lot of coursework (for art and drama) and marks can be quite subjective.
Reply 83
Maths and Languages ( i ain't v. good at memorizing 200+ words :LL)
Reply 84
So far I'm finding French and History the hardest, what even worst is that I might take History as an A level because it's considered a "traditional"subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joyce_Lui
So far I'm finding French and History the hardest, what even worst is that I might take History as an A level because it's considered a "traditional"subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE History is piss easy compared to A Level though, out of all my subjects History was the biggest jump. All you have to do is like 6 mark then 12 mark questions which requires little interpretation. Although, i thought history was hard at first then towards the end of it, it kind of all clicked! So high hopes
Reply 86
At the start of IGCSE 2 years course, I thought History was damn hard - the amount of writing required in a limited amount of time was insane, especially for me, who is a second language English speaker, and my English was very bad back then.
However, in my mock exams two months ago, I surprisingly got an A, and I am actually enjoying History now!(never thought I would ever do - but future is always unpredictable...)

At the moment, English Literature is my worst subject. Essays had always been a problem as an non-native English speaker, but writing so many pages on a poem which has like only 5 lines....sigh.
Reply 87
Spanish
Original post by noshahmad
Spanish kills me,
I hope to get A/A* in all subject but hope to scrape a B in Spanish, wouldn't be surprised if I got a C either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! I hope to get all A's and a few A*'s except from Spanish... I cant understand what they are saying on the listening exam!!
Reply 89
For me it's definitely French. Double the work equals half the grade in that subject:/
Original post by caolan99
I was wondering what really is, The hardest Gcse?

Art and I'm not being sarcastic.
Original post by Marcusroye98
Same here! I hope to get all A's and a few A*'s except from Spanish... I cant understand what they are saying on the listening exam!!

Its because they say all the options and you have to look out for 'however' or something before they say it and they talk so fast you tend to miss it, soooo annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Latin is quite hard, to get an A* a score of 90% and over is required, and there are four papers- two language and two literature.

[I study the OCR Latin GCSE]
Original post by caolan99
I was wondering what really is, The hardest Gcse?

Mine is without doubt chemistry...
For me it's French while Bio is hard at least I know ht it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
biology. english for the impossibility of improving/knowing how an exam went

Quick Reply

Latest