The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

How to move as international student?

Hi.
I got a place on AUB Film prod a couple of weeks ago.
Im an international student and I have to figure out how to move all my stuff to bournemouth. Of course, Im not bringing all my stuff but Id like to have my PC monitor and such.

Any ideas and tips? Should I use fed-ex or pack most of it my luggage?
Im from Norway by the way :smile:
I imagine fed-ex would work but it would get expensive fast. Maybe try: Uni Baggage?

It would probably work out much cheaper at £40 for 30kg. Theres loads of different uni shipping services that you can try.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by lipslikemorphine
I imagine fed-ex would work but it would get expensive fast. Maybe try: Uni Baggage?

It would probably work out much cheaper at £40 for 30kg. Theres loads of different uni shipping services that you can try.

Thank you :smile: Should have done more research.
Monitor is on the "No compensation list" tho. Ill probably end up buying the most fragile stuff in UK.
Original post by Heckenstein
Thank you :smile: Should have done more research.
Monitor is on the "No compensation list" tho. Ill probably end up buying the most fragile stuff in UK.

Are you going by plane? Maybe take the monitor it in your hand luggage, and wrap it up so its cushioned?
Reply 4
Original post by lipslikemorphine
Are you going by plane? Maybe take the monitor it in your hand luggage, and wrap it up so its cushioned?

Yes, by plane. Not sure if Ill land in London and take the train or a plane to Bournemouth.
That might be an idea. I think it might be too large. Ill have to check that out. But thank you for the suggestion. Its hard to sort all this out by my self.
Reply 5
Hi!

My friend shipped all her things using Yodel. She has a discount code for the next 6 months and gave it to me!

Im not sure about prices and things but you can visit the website yodeldirect.co.uk and get a quote.

I think you just enter the code at the end of the order. It's 176227YD14.

Hope this helps
Reply 6
Original post by Hattie_B
Hi!

My friend shipped all her things using Yodel. She has a discount code for the next 6 months and gave it to me!

Im not sure about prices and things but you can visit the website yodeldirect.co.uk and get a quote.

I think you just enter the code at the end of the order. It's 176227YD14.

Hope this helps

Hi, and thank you for the code.

It looks like Yodel can't collect in other countries, just deliver. Or am I wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending