The Student Room Group

Interviews at all the Big 4

I've had first round interview at all the Big 4 for Consulting and have succeeded in none of them.

Strange thing was I felt they all went okay. Struck up some form of rapport with the interview. Answered all the competency questions with one or two examples using STAR etc... Obviously they didn't go well else I would have progressed further.

Just wondering if anyone can give any sort of advice here on how to improve as i'm a bit at a loss??
Have you tried requesting feedback from the firms? They would be able to tell you a lot more than anyone here.
Reply 2
Original post by Bushy123
I've had first round interview at all the Big 4 for Consulting and have succeeded in none of them.

Strange thing was I felt they all went okay. Struck up some form of rapport with the interview. Answered all the competency questions with one or two examples using STAR etc... Obviously they didn't go well else I would have progressed further.

Just wondering if anyone can give any sort of advice here on how to improve as i'm a bit at a loss??

Hi, I have a first round interview coming up for PwC in their management consulting division. If you could give me any hints or tips and what to expect that would be great!
Get feedback, unusual to have 0/4 if you are a decent candidate.
Reply 4
Original post by Tokyoround
Get feedback, unusual to have 0/4 if you are a decent candidate.

All the feedback said was the usual, work on competencies and commercial awareness. There was just a high standard of candidates this year, please apply next year blah blah. Guess I'll just have to work on my answers and apply again. Guess i just might not be a decent candidate ha!
Original post by Bushy123
All the feedback said was the usual, work on competencies and commercial awareness. There was just a high standard of candidates this year, please apply next year blah blah. Guess I'll just have to work on my answers and apply again. Guess i just might not be a decent candidate ha!

Maybe it's not for you then, don't worry about it can still have a great career without the big 4, or can always join after qualifying elsewhere.
Reply 6
Original post by Tokyoround
Maybe it's not for you then, don't worry about it can still have a great career without the big 4, or can always join after qualifying elsewhere.

Where else is there even to qualify for management/strategy consulting though? Obviously if i can't get into the big 4 its extremely unlikely id manage at any big strat houses or boutique firms? And most of the smaller places dont have graduate positions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending