The Student Room Group

feeling so unmotivated and gutted failed my driving test?

i failed my test today 2 serious ,one manuever and other on traffic lights i was instruct to go right on traffic,but road was loaded with heavy traffic . Decided to go on the left hand lane and DID MY observation and everything , i mean if i changed to the right lane i felt their was a great deal of traffic and might cause a danger so i went with my instinct and chose the safer option.

well after i saw my first serious on the paper i lost hope and got 8 minors and a serious, i felt sadistic and felt little to no reason on carrying on tbh. I was doing so fine until the cross i saw on my sheet took the life out of me just felt hopeless

on the positive side it wasn't as hard as how people make it out to be so i booked a new test just in 3 weeks time and my theory test expires in 4 months so am taking every early slots possible

can anyone tell me if Saturday at 8;40 a busy time?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Most people fail first time. I did. I almost caused a pile up on a dual carriage way so I wouldn't worry at all, you'll pass next time. Don't get distracted by what the examiner is marking on the sheet, keep your eyes on the road and just concentrate on what you're meant to be doing.

Can't really tell you about how busy a Saturday morning as you don't say whereabouts you took the test. But it's not a weekday so less people likely to be commuting to work so it shouldn't be too bad.
Reply 2
Loads fail first time. Doesn't make you a bad driver, though that seems a lot of points to be picked up on. Next time stick with what they tell you to do in terms of lanes. And you obviously let their marking get to you so simply, don't look at what they're doing and concentrate, you're put off if you know you went wrong somewhere.
Reply 3
Took me 4 attempts to pass.

I've been riding a motorbike for years though. Just wasnt used to not being able to see the curbs and having to do reverse round corners etc that you'd never have to do on a bike :biggrin:

Dont get demotivated. Book your next test asap so you have another date to work towards.
Original post by dollar786
i felt sadistic and felt little to no reason on carrying on tbh

Sadistic: Having or showing the desire to inflict severe pain or suffering on others.

You must have been pretty ****ing angry then :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by woodymkc
sadistic: Having or showing the desire to inflict severe pain or suffering on others.

You must have been pretty ****ing angry then :lol:

yep my instructor done my headin

no word of a lie i absolutely think i have the world strictest instructor, man shouts at me for even doing things right

i laugh at him when that happens lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
I failed my 1st.today absolutely gutted I was doing great rite up until 5 mins from the test centre;there was a slip road with traffic lights right in front of me on red so stopped but it was for the next lane gutted as loads of drivers stop there apart fr on that had 4 minors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending