The Student Room Group

Being withdrawn from an exam

Hi,
This is my first post and basically, I started a Graphic Communications Art GCSE course last year and at this late stage I want to drop it. A friend of mine managed to drop Art but my teacher is being very aggressive in terms of how I cannot be withdrawn from the exam and entry whereas I checked on the AQA site and it says I can be withdrawn with the last date being 2 weeks prior.

Please let me know what I can do to drop it as I have to prepare 26 other exams in which 13 are important for my A level choices, this is what my teacher will not understand even when it is my weakest grade being at an E.
Reply 1
A weak grade is better than no grade. He's probably pissed that he's spent all this time teaching you for nothing.
Original post by lonewanderer97
Hi,
This is my first post and basically, I started a Graphic Communications Art GCSE course last year and at this late stage I want to drop it. A friend of mine managed to drop Art but my teacher is being very aggressive in terms of how I cannot be withdrawn from the exam and entry whereas I checked on the AQA site and it says I can be withdrawn with the last date being 2 weeks prior.

Please let me know what I can do to drop it as I have to prepare 26 other exams in which 13 are important for my A level choices, this is what my teacher will not understand even when it is my weakest grade being at an E.

To be honest you might as well just have a go at it this late. If you're doing that many GCSEs (like 12/13?) most unis only look at your top 10 anyway
Reply 3
Original post by Add!ction
A weak grade is better than no grade. He's probably pissed that he's spent all this time teaching you for nothing.

You're probably right but I mean it's not like a fail grade will make a teachers reputation look as good, I'm practically doing my teacher a favour. Honestly it's too much work for an exam unit which I have no time to prepare for. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by SimpsP
To be honest you might as well just have a go at it this late. If you're doing that many GCSEs (like 12/13?) most unis only look at your top 10 anyway

Yeah thanks for that advice, might take it on board to be honest, but don't universities get alerted about your grade if it is a fail?
Original post by lonewanderer97
Yeah thanks for that advice, might take it on board to be honest, but don't universities get alerted about your grade if it is a fail?

Not really I don't think. You should have a look at the websites for courses you're thinking of. Like I've applied for medicine which is ridiculously competitive and they still only take the best ten gcses to score but it's up to you in the end. If you really think you don't want to do it then don't.

Quick Reply

Latest