The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Students' Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
one guy in my year hung himself when i was 15 and another guy died of leukemia and one got knocked off his moterbike. I was in the same class as two of them, seems really weird but it brough our year so much closer together and shows that good things can come from really bad events.

So i suppose i know how bad it feels but i hope that maybe some good things can come out of it for you too.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 181
Just ****ing great. I got my registration stuff through on Saturday and nothing about accomodation. So i've just phoned them up for them to tell me I don't have a place in halls so I have to go private. That's just made my ****ing day. :frown:
Reply 182
Tim's home!!!!!!!!!!! wooo im happy again, out of depression lol. he was falling asleep tho so didnt see him for long :frown:

but i got the most GORGEOUS flowers ever delivered to me today for our anniversary :smile: big surprise!!! with a note saying "i know these arent your favourite flowers but i hope u like them anyways" - ive mised him so much!!
Reply 183
Chicken
Just ****ing great. I got my registration stuff through on Saturday and nothing about accomodation. So i've just phoned them up for them to tell me I don't have a place in halls so I have to go private. That's just made my ****ing day. :frown:

Omg that's horrible! You would have thought they would have tried to tell you sooner if you have to look for your own place. I'm also surprised The Holt was full! Poor you.
Chicken

Guess I am going to be in the same position then...!! Ain't even recieved my registration stuff..!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Chicken...was Lufbra ur firm...?
Put in my application for work transfer...and they said if I do get a transfer...I might not be able to have the 2 weeks I have requested off for Fresher's Week...

My "student identification details" are yet to be processed by Loughborough Admissions...so no registration stuff received...and this also screws up my chance big time of getting accomodation on campus!!

Just thought I would have a rant...not a happy bunny...:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 187
I'm a different case cos I'll be a post graduate and there's significantly less postgrad accomodation than there is undergrad, and all the international students get priority. But the thing that really got me was I actually sent my accomodation forms back BEFORE christmas. It's all because I was waiting on degree results, and when I finally got all that sorted from my previous uni, Loughborough postgrad admissions office took nearly a month to give me a student number, and the admissions office needs that before my accomodation application gets processed. I wouldn't give up hope - if you had Lboro as your firm and you're an undergrad you're guaranteed accomodation so they can't *not* give it to you. It might not be what you want, but you can always swap after a few weeks when other people have dropped out of their accomodation. I'm also sure I've seen a room swap thing on the accomodation website...

Alex - unfortunately there are separate blocks for undergrads and postgrads in The Holt. And given it was the only postgrad option with ensuite, I'm guessing a lot of the international students applied for it.
Reply 188
Ahh that sucks. :frown: Well good luck, hope you find somewhere nice.
Reply 189
Orient are losing 1-0 on TV, half time against West Brom. I think I speak for all Orient fans when I yell.... COOOOOME ON YOU OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S!
Leyton Orient (0) - (3) West Brom...*ouch*...

Hope that teaches Martin Ling a lesson about playing the reserves...

Orient had a good chance, that was beautifully saved and tipped over by the West Brom goalie....

Unlucky Orients!
Reply 191
Bah bah bah load of crap. We are ****e. Oh well.
Just like Alex did, i am also celebrating my 1000th post with all you lovely people!! Never did i think back in April 2004 when i joined TSR to copy some Business Coursework that i would reach the momentous occasion!... Lol! :biggrin:

-x-
April 2004?

Uhoh, maybe I should slow down my posting... :redface:
Lol :smile: Nah i joined for some Business help then after couldn't remember the site name for aaaaaaaaaaaages!! Wasn't until like May/June this year i managed to find it again!!

-x-
Ah phew!

That's OK then! :smile:
Reply 196
Be warned, when I celebrated my 1000th post in here, I got neg repped. :frown: But congrats. :biggrin:
Did they not put any message or anything?... Might of been that LSE person!! Lol.... thanks for the rep btw :biggrin:

-x-
Reply 198
No one ever signs neg rep do they lol.
I've never neg repped anyone so i wouldn't know - i'm just that nice!!

-x-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending