The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Students' Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

c@luvr
Oooh who repped me this morning (4am) about my sig?...didn't leave a name..

/curious...

That'd be me. :smile: As I said, it keeps making me refresh threads. :biggrin:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1581
Hehe aww ^.^
Reply 1582
Oh My God Snow Patrol Were Awesome!
calm alex. calm =P
Haha, perlease there are better bands than snow patrol! :P Ah man, you lot are all saying that you don't need jobs?! :O im getting a transfer from sainsburys to that one in l'boro hopefully! i have 1k saved up of my own money that will be for boozing and extra food (i'm catered).. but that 1k saved up will soon go because i am going to Reading Fest and Majorica in the next 2 weeks! :s-smilie:
Reply 1585
DanTurton
Haha, perlease there are better bands than snow patrol! :P

A lot lot worse also. :smile:
Touché montrose :P
I went to uni completely skint and managed just fine with my student loan....plus I was in catered which overally is probably more expensive that self-catered + buying food, and I was easily at the union for something or other 2, 3 times a week....so I'd reallly say don't get a job unless you need it
I might just get a few hours a week at sainsburys! (what are you doing up so early too sugar?! :s-smilie:)
Reply 1589
Montrose
Oh My God Snow Patrol Were Awesome!

I've seen them too, they are awesome. Gary is such a nice guy (but not in that sense) :p:
DanTurton
I might just get a few hours a week at sainsburys! (what are you doing up so early too sugar?! :s-smilie:)

I'm always awake about half 7. Just got into the routine at uni, getting up for lectures etc and it's stuck. I wake up automatically lol
SugarExplosion

I'm always awake about half 7. Just got into the routine at uni, getting up for lectures etc and it's stuck. I wake up automatically lol

I wish I could get into such a routine...:redface:
Reply 1592
Waking up at 7 normally means I need to go to bed at like 10, but that's too boring :p:
soundwave - don't worry about your situation - even though your a finalist, you will still be able to make friends with the other ppl you are put with in halls - in my block we had one finalist whos friends had all left, and he got on fine with us!
Reply 1594
Sarah/Chicken text me from the V site in Staffordshire, and said that once again Gary (Snow Patrol) dedicated Chasing Cars to the Foo Fighters, and after the song Dave Grohl ran on stage and embraced him. Bet that was a great moment!
Saw the V Festival highlights...and I must say, I quite enjoyed it, excellent line up of artists...The Killers..Goo Goo Dolls..Basement Jaxx...Lilly Allen...Mika...K T Tunstall...Rodrigo Y Gabriela...James...The Hours...The Cribs...loved them all!! :smile:

Might make an effort and pop down to the V Festival next time... :smile:
Reply 1596
Was awesome. Yesterday I saw the Goo Goo Dolls, James Morrison, McFly (for freshers ball, they weren't that bad!), KT Tunstall, The Fratellis (amazing!), Mika, Lily Allen, Kasabian and The Killers. Saturday I saw Just Jack, The Hoosiers, Snow Patrol, Pink, The Fray, and The Kooks (who were awful!).
Oh yeah, forgot to mention James Morrison, Kasabian and The Fratellis...excellent performance of Chelsea Dagger....and I loved The Killers' Mr Brightside performance... :smile:
Reply 1598
The Fratellis was, apart from Killers and Foo Fighters, the most packed the field was all weekend. I was right down the front and it was mental, everyone went crazy!

Mr Brightside was the last song before the encore and to be honest I was already walking out lol. I'm sure they were amazing, but the weather went to the **** before they came on i.e. lots of wind and rain, which meant the sound was being blown away!! I was halfway up the hill and we couldn't even really hear Brandon (the singer!), so it was a bit of a letdown. More a victim of the circumstances than them being bad I think. Did sound good on TV!
Those bands just sound so bland. Other than foo fighters, snow patrol and kasabian, i wouldnt want to spend time in a field watching any of them live. What i watched on tv though, Lily allen was awful. James morrison was too quiet. Killers did a better set at glastonbury.

Reading fest all the way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending