The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Students' Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, it's all introductions mainly - and if coursework is involved, might go through that in the first lecture too... all good :smile:

-x-
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
haha well you knew what i meant... couldnt think straight -too busy answering the question and counting along without thinking properly
The first lecture's/meetings are quite important and good..(especially those with food, etc.. :biggrin:)..but yeah...they give you important info, timetable, etc, etc...

First week is probably the only time I went to breakfast and attended all morning lectures on a daily basis...
Btw, what bus do you have to take if you want to go to Nottingham..? And what are the train services like to there..?
Zipster
You sound far too organised:p:

"Sound" being the fundamental word, there :p:
Reply 1785
oooh.. you have Monday morning lectures? that is soo unlucky :p:
Original post by G&#949
Btw, what bus do you have to take if you want to go to Nottingham..? And what are the train services like to there..?

No idea on the buses, but there's quite a few trains within the hour (nationalrail for times etc). I've never had a problem with them! At the Station in Nottingham it's either about a 10min walk into town or you can get the tram thing which is £1 summat

-x-
Reply 1787
EarlFuzz
oooh.. you have Monday morning lectures? that is soo unlucky :p:

Well unfortunately our lecturers felt they were able to get up for 9am we had to too :frown:
0uro*
Well unfortunately our lecturers felt they were able to get up for 9am we had to too :frown:

Just because they can and want to, doesn't really mean we have to and need to... :p:
Reply 1789
You can get a bus from Loughborough to Nottingham, but it takes an hour or something, not sure. Look up Trent Barton, then rainbow 5.

The train services are quite decent I think, one every half hour alternating between Central trains and Midland Mainline, a standard ticket will cover them both.

There's not really much point in getting the tram to be honest, I never do. It's about a 3-4 minute walk from the train station to the Broadmarsh shopping centre, then another 2 or 3 minutes to get to the square. I do the journey so often I barely notice it.
Original post by G&#949
Just because they can and want to, doesn't really mean we have to and need to... :p:

....but if you don't turn up to lectures, then that's a big waste of £3k a year :p:
Reply 1791
Will we need to take passport photos with us for registration or won't we need anymore now that we've sent off a load of forms with them on?
loopymeg
....but if you don't turn up to lectures, then that's a big waste of £3k a year :p:

True... :redface:
Was wondering, any returners to be making an appearance at the Ball..?
Hmmm let's see....
Dress up and go to a rather expensive night out, or sit at home with some good company munching on snacks and being lazy?
Yup, being lazy wins, methinks. Don't expect to see me at the ball :p:
Reply 1795
Aimzies
Will we need to take passport photos with us for registration or won't we need anymore now that we've sent off a load of forms with them on?

I don't think you should need anymore once you've sent the required ones off with the forms but it can't hurt to take any that you have left over
Reply 1796
Ticket comes with the Returners Plat so you might see me at the ball.
Reply 1797
So, Amy (sugar explosion), is there something you wanna tell us? :biggrin:
Reply 1798
Another question - should I bother keeping my mobile phone on contract or will it just be a drain of my money? I didn't know whether I should go onto Pay As You Go but then I guess I would be using my phone more to ring home and there Pay Monthly would be worth it. What did everyone do?
Reply 1799
I left mine of PAYG, never used it much before, even less at uni because most people you would usually text/call are across the hall. And facebook helped reduce the amount of texts I sent as well. Only really used it to call home to be honest. And to find out where people were when I lost them in the Union.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending