Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Freshers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I'm an LLB student and have been at Kent for the last two years, holla if you have any questions!

Did you find lectures necessary given they are taped and put online? And did you have midterms, or just finals worth your entire grade?

Thanks!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 81
Hey, I'm coming from Canada to attend the graduate entry LLB at Kent. A few of my friends have done the same and loved it! My place has yet to be confirmed at Kent though: currently dealing with another university with a conditional offer I originally firmed but know I didn't make the conditions, so I'm trying to get my insurance choice of Kent switched to my firm choice to quickly confirm my place in the program.
Reply 82
Soo, I'm spanish and my firm choice is kent to study Business Administration with a year in industry and i'm wondering which type of accomodation to choose, self catered or not? If you guys had any tips on how do both work that would be great. Thanks
Reply 83
Original post by kmhender
Hey, I'm coming from Canada to attend the graduate entry LLB at Kent. A few of my friends have done the same and loved it! My place has yet to be confirmed at Kent though: currently dealing with another university with a conditional offer I originally firmed but know I didn't make the conditions, so I'm trying to get my insurance choice of Kent switched to my firm choice to quickly confirm my place in the program.

Hey, I'm coming from canada as well and doing the same program at Kent. The admissions team should be able to help you out with that. Do you know if with the graduate program we pick any of our classes, or is it set for the 2 years?
Original post by Jaco19
Soo, I'm spanish and my firm choice is kent to study Business Administration with a year in industry and i'm wondering which type of accommodation to choose, self catered or not? If you guys had any tips on how do both work that would be great. Thanks

If you're coming from outside of the UK, probably the self-catered option is the best. You might be asked to take your things out of your room over Winter/Spring vacations.
I've chosen as my top 2 choices for accommodation Tyler Court B & Keynes College, both self-catered.
If you want your own bathroom choose any Tyler Court rooms, Parkwood or Keynes College. Of course choosing a self-catered and room with own bathroom is a bit expensive and it really depends on how much you want to spend for a room.
Reply 85
Original post by Vale_Minisini
If you're coming from outside of the UK, probably the self-catered option is the best. You might be asked to take your things out of your room over Winter/Spring vacations.
I've chosen as my top 2 choices for accommodation Tyler Court B & Keynes College, both self-catered.
If you want your own bathroom choose any Tyler Court rooms, Parkwood or Keynes College. Of course choosing a self-catered and room with own bathroom is a bit expensive and it really depends on how much you want to spend for a room.

My top accommodation in Tyler Court B also! :smile:
Original post by dvc
My top accommodation in Tyler Court B also! :smile:

Awesome :smile:
I've put Kent as my first choice over Newcastle, Glasgow, Leicester and Northumbria (pretty random locations I know).

I'm doing Business and Economics but considering changing to pure econ. Anyone else doing these courses or put Keynes as their accommodation?
I really hope I get in, I absolutely loved Canterbury!
Reply 88
Hopefully I'll achieve my grades and I'll be seeing you all September !!!
Original post by willpetty17
I've put Kent as my first choice over Newcastle, Glasgow, Leicester and Northumbria (pretty random locations I know).

I'm doing Business and Economics but considering changing to pure econ. Anyone else doing these courses or put Keynes as their accommodation?
I really hope I get in, I absolutely loved Canterbury!

I put Keynes as my second choice accommodation.
If my housemates aren't willing to play flipcup/beer pong I am going to be seriously seriously dissapointed! Anybody else in those 5 bed houses that are the cheapest? That's where I'll be hopefully
Original post by Daniel9510
If my housemates aren't willing to play flipcup/beer pong I am going to be seriously seriously dissapointed! Anybody else in those 5 bed houses that are the cheapest? That's where I'll be hopefully

Exactly the same, especially since student finance really screwed me over this year, its Parkwood 5 bed for me. Also, beer pong is a staple! My personal preference is cider or half shots, but I'm gonna need practise before September. I truly suck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Well I won't be seeing any of you. Enjoy kent because I know I won't get to :frown:
Original post by EllieC130
Well I won't be seeing any of you. Enjoy kent because I know I won't get to :frown:

:frown:
Why not?
Firmed Kent for History! Excited ... but that's if I actually get the grades! And I've applied for 6 bedroom Parkwood house :smile:
Original post by Shinryuken
:frown:
Why not?

Tbh, my chances weren't great anyway cos my offer is AAB when I thought at a push I could get ABB but I'd heard Kent is reasonably lenient with grades. However I've just messed up my Media exam (which was likely going to be my A) and I don't think I've got much chance in my drama exam. I'm gutted :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by EllieC130
Tbh, my chances weren't great anyway cos my offer is AAB when I thought at a push I could get ABB but I'd heard Kent is reasonably lenient with grades. However I've just messed up my Media exam (which was likely going to be my A) and I don't think I've got much chance in my drama exam. I'm gutted :frown:

Good luck!
Reply 97
Does anyone know, how long are the classes and how many are their in a week? I guess a general overview will be helpful.
Reply 98
Hey I'm from Germany and just got my results today! Kent was my second choice but after thinking about it I decided I would rather go there than Glasgow. Does this affect my accommodation choices? How do I know which accommodation is best for me? How did you guys make your choices?
Original post by Leonore
Hey I'm from Germany and just got my results today! Kent was my second choice but after thinking about it I decided I would rather go there than Glasgow. Does this affect my accommodation choices? How do I know which accommodation is best for me? How did you guys make your choices?

Hi there. I picked my accommodation after doing lots and lots or research on them all (I wanted to know absolutely everything before I made my decision!). A good place to start is Kent's website, I got out a pen and pad and just wrote down all the different types of accommodation and next to them I wrote their price, (very important for me lol) the good points I.e. en suite, the bad points I.e. self-catered. Also check out the "virtual tours" to get an idea of what the different rooms look like, you can get a 360 degree view of all the rooms and thats really helpful. Finally search in the names of the accommodation on YouTube, Facebook, google etc and try and get any info you can. You should be find little videos or little posts where people have mentioned their accommodation. I also asked my friend who studied there a few years ago and that was really beneficial obviously but I understand that may not be an option for you. Still, if you do everything else I'm sure if you then just weigh up all the good points and bad points you'll have some order of preference!
Of course, you don't have to be as thorough and obsessive as me but hey, you asked how I made my choice so there you go :smile:

Hope this was of some help, good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending