The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Freshers 2014

I want to meet and get to know people who have their Kent offer for 2014 or are planning to put it as their firm for this year! :smile:

---
Connect to University of Kent here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm starting at Kent in September, may be a bit early for Fresher planning still got half a year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I'll be starting in September, Computer Science
Reply 3
Original post by rhianpatricia
I want to meet and get to know people who have their Kent offer for 2014 or are planning to put it as their firm for this year! :smile:

Me too! Honestly, I don't really know anyone who is going to Kent this September.

Anyways, I'm gonna do LLB Law. How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be doing Journalism in September at the Medway campus, but I only live in Ashford so it's not that far from either campus :smile: Is anyone else doing Journalism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by azirahhh
Me too! Honestly, I don't really know anyone who is going to Kent this September.

Anyways, I'm gonna do LLB Law. How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yay, I'm going to study Business at the Canterbury campus :smile: so excited, want to start now!
Reply 6
Ah yay, I'm going to study Business at the Canterbury campus :smile: so excited, want to start now!

I know right since at the moment, I'm not going to any schools (I did my A-Levels exams last November)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I know right since at the moment, I'm not going to any schools (I did my A-Levels exams last November)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, I'm in the same boat. I did my A-Levels last year and went to Loughborough this year but left after 7 weeks as I didn't like my course! Just been working to pass the time, I cannot wait to start uni and have fun with new people :smile: x
Reply 8
Ah cool, I'm in the same boat. I did my A-Levels last year and went to Loughborough this year but left after 7 weeks as I didn't like my course! Just been working to pass the time, I cannot wait to start uni and have fun with new people :smile: x

Good luck! I hope you like and enjoy the course you are going to take! :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Good luck! I hope you like and enjoy the course you are going to take! :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, and I hope you will enjoy yours too :smile: x
yes i will be going for MA in Multimedia.
Original post by kpofsuburbia
I'll be doing Journalism in September at the Medway campus, but I only live in Ashford so it's not that far from either campus :smile: Is anyone else doing Journalism?

Posted from TSR Mobilez
I will be going for MA in multimedia in Sept 2014.
Reply 12
I've firmed Kent also :-) xx
I'm an LLB student and have been at Kent for the last two years, holla if you have any questions!
Reply 14
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I'm an LLB student and have been at Kent for the last two years, holla if you have any questions!

What are your thoughts on the lectures and seminars? What's your most and least favourite module?

I'm a future LLB student in Kent, btw :smile: and thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your thoughts on the lectures and seminars? What's your most and least favourite module?

I'm a future LLB student in Kent, btw :smile: and thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the whole I found the lecture good, and the seminars better (I tend to learn easier via discussion, and found interaction between people much more engaging). Obviously the first year you don't get to pick any of your modules, so it can be a bit hard going initially if you're not particularly interested in the topics, but that depends on you. I personally found Critical Intro to be the best module, but I'm interested in legal theory. I found Property/Land law is be the most difficult, the concepts are quite complex and the material pretty dry, but everyones different. :smile: you'll love Kent!
Reply 16
Thanks! Thats very informative :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
MA Comparative literature at Canterbury and Paris.:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by dvc
I've firmed Kent also :-) xx

Yay, what will you be studying?
Reply 19
Yay, what will you be studying?