The Student Room Group

Remember getting FIFA 97, Swiv 3D and a bunch of demos (MDK etc.) with Windows 95?

I'm playing MDK right now (thanks to the awesome GoG.com), and it got me thinking back to that time. FIFA 97 was awesome (unlike the console versions apparently), it had indoor football and didn't it even have the Malaysian League? That was crazy.

Plus Swiv 3D

and the legendary Hover.

Also remember some epic demos like MDK (that was on the same disc as FIFA 97) and Monster Truck Madness (I would go into the crowd and attack the port-a-loos, with someone wailing inside), and that Weezer music video set in Happy Days.

Also think there were demos of Interstate 76 and the massive Streets of Sim City (even had a radio station!), but that might've been a different disc I'm thinking of.
(edited 10 years ago)
I remember playing this **** on my parents Packard Bell. MDK was a great game, completed that a few time. Swiv3d got incredibly hard though, I never got past the final stage because I didn't have enough ammo for the good weapons (cruise missiles and napalm I think). I liked the indoor FIFA 97 court because you could bounce the ball off the walls, made playing offence pretty interesting.
Reply 2
:cry2: too well
MDK was awesome for its day. Hover is still awesome and can be played through your web browser at: hover.ie

Boom.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Fond memories indeed :yep: GOG is a godsend for reliving some of these, especially with the care that they put into getting the games set to run on modern OSes.
Reply 5
I finished MDK, it was pretty cool and very 'random'. FIFA 97 will always be in my collection.

Quick Reply

Latest