The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did u already get your formal accommodation offer? I havent gotten any offers yet!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Well I've just finished my first year and had my results (well into a First :smile:) through a few weeks ago - that's probably why. I'm not sure when freshers are due to get their offers, but I'm sure it's on the accommodation site!

Edit instead of double-post:

Woo! Just logged in and accepted my offer. I'm in Beech Court, Hartley Grove! :biggrin: Finally I get to live in proper student accommodation and have a social atmosphere around me.

Really looking forward to moving in now. I couldn't be happier. :smile:
Reply 3
Got my offer for self-catered, ensuite at South Hill, Glen Eyre halls. :smile:

What has everyone else got?
Reply 4
CLman

Im the same as you - it's so exciting now. Just a matter of making sure i got £150 to accept the place.
Reply 5
um....when are we supposed to get our offers?
Reply 6
being an interntional student - you need to apply for a visa and one the requirments for the visa is that you have accommodation. If I do not have accomodation until the 17th of august i cannot apply for the visa.

how did ryan750 and CLman get it so early?
Reply 7
CLman

man i got the same offer ... u never know what if we'rei n the same appt?
Reply 8
ammarb87

Maybe we will never know - i'll never tell!! lol - maybe:wink:
Reply 9
ryan750
Im the same as you - it's so exciting now. Just a matter of making sure i got £150 to accept the place.

That's pretty cool, might see you there !! Although, I obviously have no idea who you are..... so just wear a t-shirt with ryan750 on the front for the first few days.... thanks.

I haven't accepted the offer yet, just wanted to read through the terms and conditions (pretenting like I know something about contract law :smile: ) but will be accepting it on the weekend.

Have you accepted yours now or are you still waiting until you have the £150?
Reply 10
ammarb87

You just never know! Not long now though huh?! What course you doing at Soton?

South Hill is obviously popular then..... any more for South Hill? Or just anymore offers in general?

Tommy07 and PQ - This is my first year at Soton. I had an unconditional offer for my course so I guess that's why my accommodation offer was abit earlier. I think ryan750 is a continuing student and maybe that's why his offer was earlier.... ??
Reply 11
oh ok thanx PQ and CLman. I'll have a talk with the visa people, hopefully it all turn out ok. I know accommodation is guaranteed for internationals, but not people you get in through clearing - they only get it if spaces clear out! and i am an international who got in through clearing! will accommodation still be guaranteed for me? (i wrote an email asking the same question to [email protected] but i never got a reply)
thanx for your help
Reply 12
Tommy07, if I was you I would call them instead! It may cost abit of money - as your calling an international number - but due to the reasonably urgent circumstances, it will probably be worth it.

I've emailed them in the past and they do email back but it might be sometime before you get a reply. I imagine their simply swamped with emails etc at this time of the year.

Their number is: +44 (0)23 8059 3994
Reply 13
CLman
That's pretty cool, might see you there !! Although, I obviously have no idea who you are..... so just wear a t-shirt with ryan750 on the front for the first few days.... thanks.

I haven't accepted the offer yet, just wanted to read through the terms and conditions (pretenting like I know something about contract law :smile: ) but will be accepting it on the weekend.

Have you accepted yours now or are you still waiting until you have the £150?

If i spot you i might let on to you and say - hey , i'm ryan750. I've just accepted my offer because i realised that i don't have to pay £150 because i'm a new student. I misread it and had failed to see that new undergraduates dont have to make prepayments. To clear my status up - i have an unconditional offer because i kind of took a gap year after my a-levels last summer.
Reply 14
ryan750
If i spot you i might let on to you and say - hey , i'm ryan750. I've just accepted my offer because i realised that i don't have to pay £150 because i'm a new student. I misread it and had failed to see that new undergraduates dont have to make prepayments. To clear my status up - i have an unconditional offer because i kind of took a gap year after my a-levels last summer.

Good plan..... "Hi, I'm ryan750, how's it goin?" :biggrin:

I thought you were a second year student as you had to pay the £150 to accept your place. I've just accepted my place two minutes ago, no going back now.

Got to start thinking about when to pack and send boxes over to Soton soon. Also when to book my flight over. Can't believe it's come round so quickly!
Reply 15
thanx again PQ and CLman! ill give them a call next week!
Reply 16
CLman
Good plan..... "Hi, I'm ryan750, how's it goin?" :biggrin:

I thought you were a second year student as you had to pay the £150 to accept your place. I've just accepted my place two minutes ago, no going back now.

Got to start thinking about when to pack and send boxes over to Soton soon. Also when to book my flight over. Can't believe it's come round so quickly!

Yea - might sound a bit odd stating a borg like designation (sorry, i'm a geek). Yea, i was so glad to find out i didn't have to pay the £150 as i'd previously thought. I skimmed the terms and conditions so hope i didn't miss anything too important or interesting.

I know it's come round real quick - i've already bought two sets of bed sheets and duvets cos i know we need to bring that. They're sending a list to us of what we need so will be able to get more sorted when that comes. I'm not sure if we need to bring a duvet filling or if they provide that? Find out soon enough i guess.

It must be real exciting for you coming over from america. Ever been to england before?
Reply 17
ryan750
It must be real exciting for you coming over from america. Ever been to england before?

Hmm, I think you're confusing Jersey with New Jersey. Search on http://maps.google.com/ and you'll see where Jersey is. :smile:
Reply 18
ryan750
Yea - might sound a bit odd stating a borg like designation (sorry, i'm a geek). Yea, i was so glad to find out i didn't have to pay the £150 as i'd previously thought. I skimmed the terms and conditions so hope i didn't miss anything too important or interesting.

I know it's come round real quick - i've already bought two sets of bed sheets and duvets cos i know we need to bring that. They're sending a list to us of what we need so will be able to get more sorted when that comes. I'm not sure if we need to bring a duvet filling or if they provide that? Find out soon enough i guess.

If you just say "I'm Ryan" (assuming your names actually Ryan), I'll probably just look at you oddly as I possibly won't remember but there won't be any doubt to who you are with "I'm ryan750". Na, the terms and conditions are basically as expected, nothing important to mention really.

Oh, I though that they would of provided bed sheets but obviously I'm mistaken and don't know anything about living in halls. Better get those sorted out aswell. Guess I'll wait for that list of things we need to arrive.

As fuzelogik said, I'm from Jersey Channel Islands (people forget about little ol' Jersey). It's only about a 35 minute flight. Maybe I should put Jersey UK on my profile.... not sure? :redface:
Reply 19
I don't think they provide anything other than a matress in halls - this was certainly the case in UNITE. I don't think I'd want to use somebody else's old, used sheets anyway. :smile: Best to bring your own.

Latest

Trending

Trending