The Student Room Group

rejecting a PhD studentship after accepting it

Hi

A couple weeks ago I accepted a PhD studentship offer at Leicester university (one of the Universities' own studentships). I waited until the last day to say "yes".
However, I am still waiting for the outcome of a few other studentships I applied for at other universities, one of which (Sheffield) I would favour over Leicester.

What happens if I am offered a studentship at Sheffield? I would like that better that going to Leicester. Is it possible to reject the Leicester studentship, even though I've already accepted it?

thanks a lot!
jack
(edited 10 years ago)
If you suddenly say that actually you don't want to do it anymore, I don't see what else could happen to be honest.

Just be sure that if you reject one uni that you're certain you've got something better to go to first.

If you don't want to burn bridges with a uni you could ask to defer an offer incase you want it later but try to be as certain as you can really.
Original post by carteiro
Hi

A couple weeks ago I accepted a PhD studentship offer at Leicester university (one of the Universities' own studentships). I waited until the last day to say "yes".
However, I am still waiting for the outcome of a few other studentships I applied for at other universities, one of which (Sheffield) I would favour over Leicester.

What happens if I am offered a studentship at Sheffield? I would like that better that going to Leicester. Is it possible to reject the Leicester studentship, even though I've already accepted it?

thanks a lot!
jack

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending