The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Nursing at the University of York 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Is everyone who is moving there going to live in halls or is anyone going private!? no idea what to do... I'll be 23 and hate to think ill be the oldest in halls Hehee also it seems to be abit more expensive compared to private. But then again I dont really want to feel left out if im not there :O xxx
University of York
York
Reply 81
Original post by ailic91
Is everyone who is moving there going to live in halls or is anyone going private!? no idea what to do... I'll be 23 and hate to think ill be the oldest in halls Hehee also it seems to be abit more expensive compared to private. But then again I dont really want to feel left out if im not there :O xxx

Hey I will be staying in halls, i'll be 19 and 23 isn't old at all! I would say the majority stay in halls the first year if you feel that's what you want then stay in halls i'm sure the age groups will be a little mixed and I think it's better that way =) x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
Hehee well i feel alot older than i did back then! Yes that true i think that will be best anyway, just seems so expensive doesnt it :frown: sure i will manage :smile: thanks hun x
Reply 83
Original post by ailic91
Hehee well i feel alot older than i did back then! Yes that true i think that will be best anyway, just seems so expensive doesnt it :frown: sure i will manage :smile: thanks hun x

No probs, and yes it is expensive it seems to get a little cheaper in the second year when private rent when there's a few of us :smile: x
Original post by ailic91

Hi, I think I'll be moving in to halls and I'm 24 so you won't be the oldest there don't worry! I've been having the same worries too but I think with the course we're doing there will be a huge mix of people and ages so I'm hoping it won't matter :smile:
Reply 85
Yes your right Beck think ill stick with Halls then :smile: shame we cant apply until August!!! Hey Charlotte, yes i agree, there should be a mix but i still worried :/ Hehee i just cant wait to get started now :smile: when is everyone thinking of moving there?? i know we start on the 29th, but was hoping to move there earlier to get settled xx
Reply 86
Original post by ailic91
Yes your right Beck think ill stick with Halls then :smile: shame we cant apply until August!!! Hey Charlotte, yes i agree, there should be a mix but i still worried :/ Hehee i just cant wait to get started now :smile: when is everyone thinking of moving there?? i know we start on the 29th, but was hoping to move there earlier to get settled xx

Well all being good with my Grades! I think you can only get into the accommodation a week or so before the course starts. And there's Freshers of course! =) Got my DBS back today. I need a couple of vaccines though so not looking forward to that! Yes it is a shame we can't apply until August hope there are still some good ones left =) x
Original post by ailic91

I won't be an undergrad student but I'll be a 'fresher' [postgrad] living in Constantine.

I'm 23 too. :smile:

Original post by ailic91

Everyone is given different moving in dates.

College tutors - September 6th / 7th [for training purposes]
Continuing undergrads - Usually September 13th
Postgrads - September 20th-21st
New undergrads - Either September 27th or 28th depending on your block at your accommodation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I've also firmed York for adult nursing!
So exited:smile:
Does anyone know the best places for accommodation? I've seen Alcuin is the closest but I'm scared in case there are no places left by the time I get the email haha.
Thanks xx
any guys that have firmed york for adult nursing wondering if im going to be the only one haha :-)
Reply 90
Original post by Alexander_88
any guys that have firmed york for adult nursing wondering if im going to be the only one haha :-)

Me! =) so there's two! :smile: No there is a few more of us around, in the throes of A levels at the min sooo pleased when they over! =) x
Original post by beck95
Me! =) so there's two! :smile: No there is a few more of us around, in the throes of A levels at the min sooo pleased when they over! =) x

i meant boys but cool hope ur a-levels go well!
Reply 92
i meant boys but cool hope ur a-levels go well!

Oops Sorry :biggrin: I'm sure you won't be the only guy though, I think there's a guy called Mike too. :smile: and thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by ailic91

Hey! Don't worry about being 23, I'm 22 and I was thinking the same thing about being older and living in halls haha.. But I'm sure there will be a whole mix of people of different ages :smile: that's the good thing about nursing especially! I think I'll choose halls over private accommodation, more of a chance to get involved with stuff.. Can't wait now, just wanna get there! A long summer of work first 😫
Reply 94
Thanks everyone!! just need to chose which college to go for now!!! Hope we al get to move in before the 27th&28th September, i was hoping to get there a week before to settle in :smile: Heheee xx
Reply 95
Original post by ailic91
Thanks everyone!! just need to chose which college to go for now!!! Hope we al get to move in before the 27th&28th September, i was hoping to get there a week before to settle in :smile: Heheee xx

Woohoo, can't wait, proper excited now! Feels like soo long ago that I was sitting in that little interview room, shaking away with nerves.. Haha!
Original post by ailic91

I'll be 29 this October and I'm living in halls as I'm supporting myself and is cheapest option for now so don't worry about it, I'll be the creepy old dude during freshers week! I am curious on what halls everyone is choosing as keep getting told different things by different people. It's between James, Alcuin and the new building Constantine .

Yup. You wont be alone!!

Original post by woody0454
I'll be 29 this October and I'm living in halls as I'm supporting myself and is cheapest option for now so don't worry about it, I'll be the creepy old dude during freshers week! I am curious on what halls everyone is choosing as keep getting told different things by different people. It's between James, Alcuin and the new building Constantine .

I'll be living at home as I have a house in York, plus I don't think my dog could handle halls!! At 29 you won't be the creepy old dude.... i'm 34!!

Looking forward to freshers week. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I won't be able to drink!! Running the York marathon in October so will be well into 'healthy' living and training at that stage :frown:
Reply 98
Hey everyone :smile: hope you're all good! Can't wait for September now! I'm kind of confused about this accommodation, do we literally just have to wait til August and then we get sent an email?! I feel like there's something else I should be doing! Haha
Original post by Rachael2508
Hey everyone :smile: hope you're all good! Can't wait for September now! I'm kind of confused about this accommodation, do we literally just have to wait til August and then we get sent an email?! I feel like there's something else I should be doing! Haha

Yeah pretty much. If you have an unconditional offer then you can apply from the 6th August but until then You might as well just get stuff you need together. Which accommodation/college are you wanting? I keep thinking I still need to send off more stuff but no idea what!

This link should help with dates:

http://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/support-and-admin/accommodation/newprospectivestudents/undergraduates/september2014applicants/#tab-3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending