The Student Room Group

Is holding hands flirting?

Hey guys

I went to a party at the weekend where I only knew the guy who invited me (it was his 18th and I'd never met his friends before.)

Because I didn't know anyone and got there a bit late, I got a bit too drunk haha. I made friends with everyone there and they all crowded round me (I think it was because I was the "new girl.") Ending up telling them all that I hadn't ever got with anyone or done anything with a guy ever. This guy that I had become a bit attracted to asked me if it was because I was looking for "Mr Right." I laughed and told him that I'm not, I'm just looking for someone I like.

Straight after this conversation, I had to go home so I had to say bye to my friend who invited me. He was upstairs in bed with a girl lol and at this point I was really drunk. The guy I kind of liked held my hand all the way upstairs and waited for me to say bye to my friend. This is so sad, but because I've never done anything with a guy, I got butterflies and I just felt really safe and comfortable with him. When we got down, I told everyone that my dad was outside. The guy said "we should probably walk her to her car" so him and a girl I had met walked me to my car.

I really liked this guy, but he's quite shy, and I was just wondering whether he was flirting (should have mentioned was speaking to him a lot during the night) or whether he was just being gentlemanly.

Was a bit disappointed it wasn't just him who walked me out - maybe he didn't want me to get the wrong idea?

So sorry for the massive paragraph - I go to a girls school and I'm quite shy and quiet, so I don't really know much about flirting haha.
Reply 1
It is flirting if you're extremely sexually frustrated I suppose.
Reply 2
I'm 18 and I know two guys, excluding my dad. You could say that I am
Reply 3
Clearly a gesture of romantic interest. It a low risk, mild, 'advancer' which I often deploy on a first date as a precursor or alternative to moving in for a kiss. How drunk was he? If you're up for it, I would go for it with him.
Reply 4
If it's with a female friend, it's a passive way of her telling you that she's dtf.
Reply 5
as a female i do tis to my male friends who i feel comfortable with only on nights out though to stop unwanted attention its a when you are put firmly in the friend zone you ain't never getting out of.

Source : truth
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Clearly a gesture of romantic interest. It a low risk, mild, 'advancer' which I often deploy on a first date as a precursor or alternative to moving in for a kiss. How drunk was he? If you're up for it, I would go for it with him.

it could be a romantic indicator? Hopefully...
I know that he had been drinking but (in my drunken state) he didn't seem that drunk to me

Original post by Rugby234
If it's with a female friend, it's a passive way of her telling you that she's dtf.

My way of telling him I'm dtf? Hahaha probably true

Original post by sassy123
as a female i do tis to my male friends who i feel comfortable with only on nights out though to stop unwanted attention its a when you are put firmly in the friend zone you ain't never getting out of.

Source : truth

I'm a girl tho...is it true the other way round? We weren't on a night out, we were just round someone's house
Reply 7
Sorry for over-analysing haha and thanks for replying
Reply 8
I would say there is a good chance he likes you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending