The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah, it's called being better at the game :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, no. Unless you use a program like Cheat Engine 4.0 or something similar (to freeze the value of your food supplies), there are no cheats built into B&W2.
Reply 2
mistress mayhem
hey
i wondered if anyone knew of any cheats for Black and White 2 that doesnt involve playing about with the game directory or whatever. Especially was wondering whether there is a cheat for infinite food. My village people seem to be starving
ta xxx

Might want to try placing fields on fertile land. Get a granary too and make plenty of disciple refiners.
[EDIT]A full size farm on fertile land (ie 1.00 land) provides food for 73 people. A fully manned granary in a 100% productivity area improves this by about 150% IIRC. That means that 1 field can provide food for 182 people. Also consider regularly watering your fields using the water miracle. Or, if you're really posh, get your butler Creature to do it.
Reply 3
B&W2 was the only game of that type that i ever managed to complete.

i never saw me getting into a game like that being a FPS man myself, but alas, last xmas saw quite a few hours put into it.

i completed it good, then completed it evil too haha. far too much time spent on it, especially when i should have been doing my dissertation.

as for cheats, as someone mentioned, just get better at the game. :p:

here's a hint though, do not try and deforest the land, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, i, for some reason spent about 3 hours doing it at least, and it must have been buggy cos it never completed it... :mad:
i wonder if anyone has ever completed the game and been good on their first time round... hmmm :redface:

As for the food..

umm, i dunno, jus set aside a large patch of land (use things like temples - or even better, Altars [because you can use most of a tree, re-plant it, then water it] to extend your influence into empty spaces)

then set a few farmers. And every now and then, just skip over to the fields and top up your storehouses. Thats how i do it - with a metropolis or even larger (1,000+ villagers)
Reply 5
Have they made it better yet? I got the release version and it was buggy as hell.

Also, do you ever get to play as anyone apart from the Greeks? I was looking forward to creating an evil army of merciless samurai warriors...
Reply 6
saiyamanadingdongbanana
i wonder if anyone has ever completed the game and been good on their first time round... hmmm :redface:
Yep, I ended up on 16% Good. Disappointing, seeing as I'd been 90-100% good throughout :frown:
Reply 7
Gravastar
Have they made it better yet? I got the release version and it was buggy as hell.

Also, do you ever get to play as anyone apart from the Greeks? I was looking forward to creating an evil army of merciless samurai warriors...

Its not buggy anymore. But you're stuck as the Greeks I'm afraid.
Reply 8
Mad Vlad
Its not buggy anymore. But you're stuck as the Greeks I'm afraid.

I'm so angry at Peter Molyneux. He's so great at selling his games, but not at making them it seems. I remember his pitch to gamespot last year, talking about epic battles, and how the gameplay would be really complex, and how your creature would be a massive war machine, etc etc "oh, look as i use one of the many (read: one) innovative features of the combat engine by attaching a rock to my army and flinging it over an enemy wall".

Such a disappointing game.
Reply 9
Gravastar
I'm so angry at Peter Molyneux. He's so great at selling his games, but not at making them it seems.
Blasphemy!!!!!

So he ****ed up one game (two if you count the original as being ****ed up, too, which some people do)...get yourself a copy of any of his Bullfrog games - Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park, Theme Hospital and so on...they're all absolute classics.
Reply 10
well some poeple would say he ****ed up fable too, brillant game, but he couldnt fit all that he wanted to onto the game to make it as huge as say, oblivion.
Dalimyr
Blasphemy!!!!!

So he ****ed up one game (two if you count the original as being ****ed up, too, which some people do)...get yourself a copy of any of his Bullfrog games - Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park, Theme Hospital and so on...they're all absolute classics.

Theme Park was excellent, but has since been surpassed by Rollercoaster Tycoon (1, obviously). Theme Hospital was just a blatant case of "oh, it worked with amusement parks, maybe it'll work with hospitals?". Except hospitals are boring. I never liked Populous either.

Yes, he's made some good games. But his games are never as good as he SAYS they are. And for that reason, I always feel tricked when I buy them - though it happens repeatedly. After B&W1 I felt that I really should have listened to all the reviewers who'd warned me how disappointing it was. Then 2 years later, "omg, Black and White 2 looks so good". As it turned out though, it's just more of the same - a short, stupidly restrictive game that was evidently rushed before all of the glitches were fixed.

I think he's been put in the Game Developers Hall of Fame, along with Miyamoto and Meier, who he is nowhere near the equal of...
Reply 12
Dungeon Keeper was every bit as good as he made out, in my opinion
:eek: B+W is soo fun. Especially when you drop rocks onto the enemy's army or when you get to fling a bunch of dead soldiers into the enemy's town centre. Or when you launch 40 trees at a scyscraper. Or dropping a rock onto your creature :p:

Latest