The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humble_bumble
I found the gullu gullu part hilarious :colondollar: lolz

lool yeh...uff bollywoood sometimes is just :facepalm: but yu still laugh :colondollar:
im forcing myself to watch ' 3 idiots ' tonight :s
Watched Once Upon a Time In Mumbaai last night (again). It is such a good film. Watched Udaan the night before, and that was also a very good film. Surprisingly, OUATIM, MNIK, Dabangg and Baand Baaja Baraat have been nominated for the IIFA for best film. Should be Udaan instead of Baand Baaja Baraat. Prateik Babbar and Rahat Barmecha (Udaan) and Prateik Babbar (Dhobi Ghaat) are very promising newcomers.
Original post by zircom
HEY! How's Leeds? ;-)

Hey! :O How do u know I study at Leeds?!
Original post by soyasauce
im forcing myself to watch ' 3 idiots ' tonight :s

It's brilliant! You're gonna love it :biggrin:
MURGI KYA JAANE UNDE KA KYA HOGAAAAA
LIFE MILEGI YA TAWE PEH FRY HOGA!!!!

*does chicken dance*

cluck cluck cluckkkkkkkkk
I wanna have a competition with someone ... I wanna call it Who Can Remember The Most K3G Quotes :biggrin: I freaking LOVE that movie!!!!!!
Reply 3026
i'm just a khala who happens enjoy asian women, how can i get me some fine asian gyal?
Original post by lolcake
i'm just a khala who happens enjoy asian women, how can i get me some fine asian gyal?

LOLLLLLLL

First of all..Khala = Aunty

Kaala= Black

Secondly...EEEEEE that's bare haraam
Reply 3028
Original post by azn-wonder91
LOLLLLLLL

First of all..Khala = Aunty

Kaala= Black

Secondly...EEEEEE that's bare haraam

ohhh sorry my urdu isnt very good! i do know "mein tumse pyaar karta hoon" doe. whats that mean? :confused:
Hey fellas, first time here at the Bollywood society, I mainly use the Cricket thread to post my views on Bollywood :colonhash:

That song in 3 Idiots really sums up my life to be honest as it does that of many Indians/ Pakistanis I'am sure:

Saari umar hum
Mar mar ke jee liye
Ek pal to ab humein jeene do
Jeene do

Na na na….Na na na….Na na na….Na na nana na….
Give me some sunshine
Give me some rain
Give me another chance
I wanna grow up once again

Give me some sunshine
Give me some rain
Give me another chance

Kandhon ko kitabon
Ke bojh ne jhukaya
Rishvat dena to khud
Papa ne sikhaya
99% marks laaoge to ghadi, varna chhadi

Likh likh kar pada hatheli par
Alpha, beta, gamma ka chaala
Concentrated H2SO4 ne poora
Poora bachpan jalaa daala

Bachpan to gaya
Jawani bhi gayi
Ek pal to ab humein
Jeene do jeene do

Bachpan to gaya
Jawani bhi gayi
Ek pal to ab humein
Jeene do jeene do

Saari umar hum
Mar mar ke jee liye
Ek pal to ab humein jeene do
Jeene do

Na na na….Na na na….Na na na….Na na nana na….
Give me some sunshine
Give me some rain
Give me another chance

In another life where's there no pressure from family and stupid freshy society I'd happily be £20,000 a year historian rather than a £80,000 a year accountant/engineer/lawyer etc. :moon:
Original post by rbnphlp
Am I the only one who completely hates salman kahn ?

Everyone on here thinks so much of him

No. I despise Salman Khan as a person- he just has the "c***" air around him if you know what I mean.

My favourite Bollywood actors are Amir Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Saif Ali Khan in that order- absolutely superb (especially Amir) and all are genuinely good guys from what I've heard.
Original post by Inzamam99
No. I despise Salman Khan as a person- he just has the "c***" air around him if you know what I mean.

My favourite Bollywood actors are Amir Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Saif Ali Khan in that order- absolutely superb (especially Amir) and all are genuinely good guys from what I've heard.

You watched 3 idiots too?:ahee:

Im not really an avid watcher of Bollywood films or whatever - only ones i've liked have been the worldwide ones like My Name is Khan and Lagaan. But I loveddddddd this film, watched it all today - so funny! Some good moral stories in these indian films
Original post by HumanNature1992
You watched 3 idiots too?:ahee:

Im not really an avid watcher of Bollywood films or whatever - only ones i've liked have been the worldwide ones like My Name is Khan and Lagaan. But I loveddddddd this film, watched it all today - so funny! Some good moral stories in these indian films

Yeah man, it's the same with me. The average Bollywood movie with a crappy predictable storyline and too much dancing and bad music doesn't do it for me. BUT a lot of the big movies like Earth, 3 Idiots, Kal Ho Na Ho are amongst my favourite movies. There is another one which I thought was superb- it's got Amir Khan as an arts teacher to a dyslexic kid.

My Name is Khan is really good as well. I haven't watched Lagaan for some reason yet so MUST GET ON THAT.
Original post by IceWater
So what are you being forced into? Accountant?

It's a very long and sad story but that's what I'am doing a degree in and it's not bad but my real passion is history.

My story began with Engineering pre-GCSE then Medicine and then this due to lack of options after flopping A Level Chemistry (got a bit too overconfident and thought I could rush revision like GCSE and still end up with 90%).
Original post by Inzamam99
Yeah man, it's the same with me. The average Bollywood movie with a crappy predictable storyline and too much dancing and bad music doesn't do it for me. BUT a lot of the big movies like Earth, 3 Idiots, Kal Ho Na Ho are amongst my favourite movies. There is another one which I thought was superb- it's got Amir Khan as an arts teacher to a dyslexic kid.

My Name is Khan is really good as well. I haven't watched Lagaan for some reason yet so MUST GET ON THAT.

Lol innit the dancing is cringeworthy :tongue:

:eek: You aint seen Lagaan?! It's got aamir khan and is about cricket! If anyone shouldve seen it, it would be inzi.

Havent seen Earth yet, apparently its quite sexual :sexface:

:eek: You aint seen Lagaan?! It's got aamir khan and is about cricket! If anyone shouldve seen it, it would be inzi.

Yes Earth is a bit... raunchy :perv: Excellent storyline though.

DEFINITELY need to see Lagaan. Amir's my favourite actor and cricket... well you know :bhangra: :love:
Original post by IceWater
Damn. What were they threatening you with? I guess it's different in some families but if my family tried to force me to be an accountant, I'd just leave, even if I got death threats and my uncles came round lolz. Wouldn't compromise my future; I don't know if I could live doing something I didn't want.

Do you know if you can switch course or something? I'm guessing you read about history in your spare time?

The paki/indian obsession with these "solid degrees" sickens me. You'll probably make a decent amount doing accounting but if you don't enjoy it you'll spend 9 hours a day doing something you hate. And you can do pretty much anything with a History degree, even accounting if you're at a decent university. Really bad man :frown:.

Your parents must be quite liberal then lol- my story is pretty much universal amongst quite a lot of kids I know. They weren't threatening me with anything physical more the emotional stuff of "We brought you up..." Also the case of a non-solid degree as it where would lower my chances of a future Pakistani wife apparently because I wouldn't be seen as successful lol

Wtf is EArth :colondollar: who's in that movie :colone:
Reply 3038
Just watched Dostana again for like the 100th time :daydreaming:
Original post by azn-wonder91
It's brilliant! You're gonna love it :biggrin:
MURGI KYA JAANE UNDE KA KYA HOGAAAAA
LIFE MILEGI YA TAWE PEH FRY HOGA!!!!

*does chicken dance*

cluck cluck cluckkkkkkkkk

ahaha lol i hate it before i even watched it :s but its soooooooooooo good :smile: i wish i had a friend like amir's character :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest