The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Rosalily
None of us are saying anything about the "real" India, all we're doing is discussing Bollywood. We're not trying to convince ourselves of anything. Now if you don't have a point, kindly be on your way.

:ditto: ta for the rep hon :hugs: have you seen that famous guy again? :biggrin: and oo do you think any of them live in nottingham? hehe
January Victim
:ditto: ta for the rep hon :hugs: have you seen that famous guy again? :biggrin: and oo do you think any of them live in nottingham? hehe

:hugs: no probs :biggrin: Which famous guy do you mean?
Rosalily
:hugs: no probs :biggrin: Which famous guy do you mean?

oh the one you said you and your boyfriend spot all the time? or was that someone else?
January Victim
oh the one you said you and your boyfriend spot all the time? or was that someone else?

Oooo Shah Rukh Khan? :biggrin: hehe that was just a one off time when my boyfriend went to a fancy dinner in London where he met Shah Rukh Khan. I wasn't there unfortunately as I was on holiday.
still lucky! :hmpf: i want to meet him! (shsh rukh khan)
Reply 385
We have a Bollywood soc?
Reply 386
SRK is old as hell! Plus, he smokes, and I hate smokers! :mad: :motz:
We've had one for ages A Y A Z!!! :biggrin: Since the very start of August! :smile:
A Y Z
SRK is old as hell! Plus, he smokes, and I hate smokers! :mad: :motz:

I hate smokers too :frown: I didn't realise he smoked. but I still love SRK! He's not too old yet!
:eek: he smokes? hmmmm 10 mints would be ok right?
Reply 390
You didn't know that?! Well, he promised his fans that he would quit smoking by his 40th birthday (anyone know when it is?). Instead hes just cut down his 3 packs a day to one pack a day!
Reply 391
Nice to know we have a Bollywood soc. I'm not very into movies. But I like Sallu bhai, and Sanjay Dutt!
Reply 392
saw the preview for Krrish,it's supposed to be a sequel to another movie...anyone seen it?

urgh krrish is horrible actually! spiderman is way better...

of course i have seen Ab tak chappan and sarfarosh. i hated ab tak chappan becasue it was a movie based on reality. i liked sarforosh to an extent!
BUT Bollywood movies are all about escapism and their main purpose to to take your mind off reality for a couple of hours. As far as i am concerned the so called films u mentioned dont deservely belong to the bollywood genre.
i prefer the fantasty films/candy floss films liek KKHH, KANK (Which are huge hits and bigger money spinners) than ur so called films (which made lesser money and flopped! i remember it flopped to an extent)

Thats what bollywood is all about! i seriously do get annoyed when people start to compare those kind of films with the usual bollywood films!

and rosalily, I am shocked u ahvent seen Kal ho na ho.. I mean u really love KANK!!!! u will defo luuuuuuuuuuuuv the film! KHNH is almost on the same lines as KANK.

watch it rosalily.. its truely a typical bollywood film.. not like the hard hittin realistic movies...
how come your name is krish if it was so horrible? :p:
Reply 394
Rosalily
Oooo Shah Rukh Khan? :biggrin: hehe that was just a one off time when my boyfriend went to a fancy dinner in London where he met Shah Rukh Khan. I wasn't there unfortunately as I was on holiday.

Damn he's sooooo lucky!!!Did he get to talk to him properly??
naddles
Damn he's sooooo lucky!!!Did he get to talk to him properly??

Yeah they spoke for about 15 minutes, about all sorts of stuff! And Shah Rukh asked him if he had a girlfriend, so I got a mention! ;w00t;
Reply 396
Rosalily
Yeah they spoke for about 15 minutes, about all sorts of stuff! And Shah Rukh asked him if he had a girlfriend, so I got a mention! ;w00t;

wow he's really lucky!and lucky you for getting a mention!:p: now Shah Rukh Khan knows about you!:p:
January Victim
of course i'm not you idiot :rolleyes: did you even read half of what i said? of course in the movies,they won't show you everything about india,especially the bad parts,but at least they glorify the good and some bad bits,and we appreciate it. you're just trying to pick a fight. i appreciate what i see,what i think is bad is that you see something and forget about it. at least when i watch the movies, i don't think hmmm...'yup a lot of stupid people' etc etc, i think 'wow such a lively and vibrant culture,such respect etc etc' and that's better than nothing. unless i find a indian/hindi movie store,i won't get to see all the other movies,i rely on my friends at other unis who just happened to find a hindi/indian movie and can pass it on,which is just great IMO. so yes,like i said earlier,don't judge and go somewhere and pick a fight.

lol.... u think u r worth fighting with? please......

i am merely looking at how ironical it is that u NRIs want to connect and identify with "indians" and "india" per se but dont really watch anything which isnt sugar coated...

perhaps if u were to watch those movies ive mentioned before and then u come to bombay and spend a week u will realize how ironic the situation is.

another thought: dont ever say the real india is full of bad **** because that just pissed me off. u never put it in that words but someone above said something which moreorless meant that the "real" india is not as good as the "sugar coated" BS. if u make a **** comment like that it speaks volumes of ur ignorance.
Matt Mason
lol.... u think u r worth fighting with? please......

i am merely looking at how ironical it is that u NRIs want to connect and identify with "indians" and "india" per se but dont really watch anything which isnt sugar coated...

perhaps if u were to watch those movies ive mentioned before and then u come to bombay and spend a week u will realize how ironic the situation is.

another thought: dont ever say the real india is full of bad **** because that just pissed me off. u never put it in that words but someone above said something which moreorless meant that the "real" india is not as good as the "sugar coated" BS. if u make a **** comment like that it speaks volumes of ur ignorance.

first don't call us names, second of all moron, i didn't say india was bad, or ****, i said it had some bad parts like any other coutry. don't call me ignorant, because i come from an african country and i've seen real **** everyday, and you can compare what is happening to india and africa,although i think i'd say it's a bit worse in africa. and i didn't say i was only going to watch sugar coated versions,someone else mentioned that they did to break away from harsh reality,but even so,excuse for not wanting to see death and destruction in the media 24/7. :rolleyes: Also i'm not looking for a fight from you or anyone,you're not worth it,there are better people and more important issues i can waste my energy and time on so don't fool yourself that you're important. and you really aren't reading what i wrote,because i said these films you're talking about,i haven't seen them because they are not available in my nearest video store,if they were i would have at least glimpsed one of them,so it's not any fault of mine. and nobody said they wanted to connect to indians or indians (i know i didn't) and even if i did,there's nothing bad about wanting to. please please read my previous posts carefully,i didn't say india was a ****/bad place at all. i think it's a beautiful country and i've always wanted to go,especially to the rural areas to experience the culture and basically to experience it. i know real indians suffer to get on day by day,it happens, and i don't look down on them at all. they're people like everyone else that should be given respect. so please don't say things that aren't trure. if you want to highlight certain part of my posts to make a point,go ahead,but don't misquote me or say something i didn't say. thanks.
January Victim
first don't call us names, second of all moron, i didn't say india was bad, or ****, i said it had some bad parts like any other coutry. don't call me ignorant, because i come from an african country and i've seen real **** everyday, and you can compare what is happening to india and africa,although i think i'd say it's a bit worse in africa. and i didn't say i was only going to watch sugar coated versions,someone else mentioned that they did to break away from harsh reality,but even so,excuse for not wanting to see death and destruction in the media 24/7. :rolleyes: Also i'm not looking for a fight from you or anyone,you're not worth it,there are better people and more important issues i can waste my energy and time on so don't fool yourself that you're important. and you really aren't reading what i wrote,because i said these films you're talking about,i haven't seen them because they are not available in my nearest video store,if they were i would have at least glimpsed one of them,so it's not any fault of mine. and nobody said they wanted to connect to indians or indians (i know i didn't) and even if i did,there's nothing bad about wanting to. please please read my previous posts carefully,i didn't say india was a ****/bad place at all. i think it's a beautiful country and i've always wanted to go,especially to the rural areas to experience the culture and basically to experience it. i know real indians suffer to get on day by day,it happens, and i don't look down on them at all. they're people like everyone else that should be given respect. so please don't say things that aren't trure. if you want to highlight certain part of my posts to make a point,go ahead,but don't misquote me or say something i didn't say. thanks.

oh man..........

1.) my response wasnt directed at u in particular.

2.) i specified someone else said that

3.) i never said u in particular u called india a **** place

4.) i was/am/will observing the hyporcracy of some of the ppl here. if u are half as open minded as i am u will observe how ppl try to stick to their roots when they are living on foreing territory. for example: i know a LOT of indian parents who are very "orthodox" to say the least. thats because they are identifying with the india they left 30+ years ago. their kids grow up with these same misconceptions, etc. they go watch movies like devdaas, etc which are pathetic **** films not because they do not portray " death and destruction in the media 24/7" but because they show a wrong india. if i was to critically analyse each film i would probably rip it apart: reel to reel. and these same kids then grow up with these falso impressions of india. i find it ironical that their parents want their children growing up identifying with their origins while not realising that the real india has moved on. some indians actually believe we dont have many english speaking schools! ****! our municipal schools are english speaking for gods sake! are u getting my drift? can u see the irony as clear as day now?

5.) i am willing to acknowledge that there are modern indians who have risen to great heights (metaphorically) but these are open minded and know india for what it really is. im sure there are parents who tell their kids what india is truly about. but then u would also know such kids when they dont like sugar coated films like K3G not because they are sugar coated but because they portray something wrong. if u r a true indian then u will feel ur blood virtually boil like lava when u see the media misinterpretting india. isnt it the same for u in respect to africa?

6.) dont get ur feathers so ruffled. like i said: my statement was directed at INDIANS and ppl of INDIAN ORIGIN. not u. and btw: the films which i have named are not "destructive". they portray what actually goes on in india. it is just sad that NRIs only want to see films which have jewelry, etc because that is the india they believe in. u will not imagine how many NRIs come back to india and see it so modern and have a culture shock. lol: imagine having a culture shock with respect to ur own culture! and why? because u do not have the guts to progress.

Quick Reply

Latest