The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cake_lover
Does anybody else find it hilarious when Salman Khan tries to dance? it just never suits him :rofl:

He can dance when he puts his mind to it (like in this video), but he he's not too fussed these days.
Original post by Indeterminate
Got the chance to see Bajrangi Bhaijaan yesterday. It's AWESOME!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just watched Bajrani Bhaijaan. Oh my god, that is such a good film!!

Original post by Tanjida95x
I loved it too! :biggrin: Salman Khan is just amazing :love:

Couldn't agree more! It was such a wonderful film that completely redefines Salman's brand of masala films. Completely entertaining and very funny but so heart-wrenching towards the end. It's amazing how the King manages to smash all his own records with every film he makes. :smile:

Original post by lilacunicorn
Literally going to spend the next few days watching Yash Chopra's movies. :suith:

Which ones did you start with? I caught a bit of Veer Zaara on TV the other day - even just watching a few minutes had me enthralled and nearly close to tears! Beautiful film and an eternal classic.

Original post by Zezo
To be honest I couldn't stand Bollywood films when I was younger, I used to hate them too long, they were useless and too much singing, plus I couldn't understand Hindi, the only one I liked was Kaal ho na ho lol, but now I'm older I'm willing to give them another try, just rewatched Kaal Ho Na Ho english subs was amazing, any other recommendations, I've seen Khobi Kushi Khobi Kham but it wasn't really my cup of tea.

Glad to hear you're interested in them again. Loads of recommendations if you enjoy those kinds of films. See below for some ideas:

Spoiler

Original post by Zahra96
I watched Piku last night. Honestly.. What. The. Heck.

Such a dry and boring and pointless film, similar to finding Fanny! Deepika needs to make more Ram Leela YJHD type films!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly don't know why you didn't enjoy it, but the beauty of that film is lost on you. I guess you can't please everyone!

It's an arthouse film which proves just how super-talented Deepika, Irrfan and Big B are. The story is great, the performances are amazing and it's got some powerful messages about loving your parents. Films like Piku are exactly what Bollywood actresses need to prove their talent in an industry that prioritises beauty over acting skills. Would you rather Deepika only played arm-candy roles like Katrina? :s-smilie:

Original post by king cobra
Hey guys
Love bollywood and new to this thread
Where r u all from ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from London but I travel all over. And you? :smile:
Original post by asif007
Which ones did you start with? I caught a bit of Veer Zaara on TV the other day - even just watching a few minutes had me enthralled and nearly close to tears! Beautiful film and an eternal classic.

I re-watched Veer Zaara and Jab Tak Hain Jaan, they are both beautiful, from the settings to the music. Although I don't think I have enough time to watch all the others, at least for the next few weeks. :frown:
Does anybody else find it hilarious when Salman Khan tries to dance? it just never suits him :rofl:

Especially in Ek Tha Tiger, when he dances to Mashallah... :K:
From coulsdon near Gatwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

a beautiful place
Watched Roy the other day. Interesting idea but poor execution. 1.5/5

On top of that, this song (below) is... well.. racist :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lilacunicorn
Especially in Ek Tha Tiger, when he dances to Mashallah... :K:

Lol, but that's what makes him so unique. There's not another actor in the world that could do some of the stuff that he does.

Here's another example:

Spoiler

Well he's a better dancer than SRK and Ajay combined! Just look at this song for example:

Spoiler

Original post by Indeterminate
Lol, but that's what makes him so unique. There's not another actor in the world that could do some of the stuff that he does.

Here's another example:

Spoiler

No other actor is so iconic and can make such popular fashion statements as Salman does. No matter how hard they try, no-one comes close to imitating the King! :smile:
Original post by sim12345
a beautiful place

Haha its ok have u been there
Btw are you guys doing alevels ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm new to this society!

Last film I watched: Bhajrangi Bhaijaan

Thoughts: Amazing, I can't have been the only person who admitted that they........

Spoiler

Haha its ok have u been there
Btw are you guys doing alevels ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not visited there heard a lot about though do want to visit
No didn't to A levels did a course now off to uni hopefully
U in ur first year of a levels?
Original post by Ishan_2000
Hi, I'm new to this society!

Last film I watched: Bhajrangi Bhaijaan

Thoughts: Amazing, I can't have been the only person who admitted that they........

Spoiler

Welcome to the society :smile:
Original post by asif007
Well he's a better dancer than SRK and Ajay combined! Just look at this song for example:

Spoiler

I end up laughing when Salman starts to dance though he suits it at the same time...as far as SRK he's not bad either I prefer Salman Khan
Welcome to the society :smile:

Original post by Ishan_2000

No worries
No worries

We meet again.... How coincidental

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries

Nah hopefully uni wbu ?

Posted from TSR Mobile