The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

She's in Guru I think isn't she?
Tory_boy
Yes, Ms Rai was in B&P. There is a new hollywood film which is due for release soon though which she stars in. Incidentally, she looks amazing in Dhoom2. The way she dances in that song 'Crazy karge ya' (?) is mouth-watering!

The dance was one of her best performances in Bollywood so far :smile:
yeh....she danced really well....i wudnt say b&p and hollywood flick.
Tory_boy
Yes, Ms Rai was in B&P. There is a new hollywood film which is due for release soon though which she stars in. Incidentally, she looks amazing in Dhoom2. The way she dances in that song 'Crazy karge ya' (?) is mouth-watering!

its not how she dances but how she looks/what she's wearing that you think is mouth watering. If she put on some decent clothes instead of looking like a whore, you wouldnt comment on her 'dancing' in anyway, especially not complimantary.

/rant :hmpf:
Reply 784
its not how she dances but how she looks/what she's wearing that you think is mouth watering. If she put on some decent clothes instead of looking like a whore, you wouldnt comment on her 'dancing' in anyway, especially not complimantary.
She wasn't wearing that revealing clothes though, was she? Of course Ms Rai is a great looking woman but when I said that it was 'mouth-watering', I was referring to her dance sequences and how good she looks when she moves.

Of all the Bollywood actresses that there are, she is probably the last one that anyone could describe as a 'whore'.
I was probably thinking of a different song then :hmpf:
your right though, shes not as bad as some of the others *tuts*
lol..i think mallika sherawat is a whore!...who agrees?
Reply 787
lol..i think mallika sherawat is a whore!...who agrees?
I just knew her name was going to come up first. I think we need to think of a better word/phrase to describe what I think are some pretty good actresses. Just because they wear revealing clothes and are very outgoing doesn't/shouldn't automatically mean they are 'whores'. :frown:

Having read another thread elsewhere on this forum, I came across this link detailing the story behind the woman that Ms Rai will be portraying. What a hurrendous story but I think the movie will be quite good...
I read the other thread - in the Law forum about what made you want to go into Law? I happened to look up that case too, just an hour ago! Funny you thought the same thing. Horrific story, and I'm not sure what the movie will be like or if I'm going to want to watch it :s-smilie:

Is it going to be called "Portrayal"?
Reply 789
I read the other thread - in the Law forum about what made you want to go into Law? I happened to look up that case too, just an hour ago! Funny you thought the same thing. Horrific story, and I'm not sure what the movie will be like or if I'm going to want to watch it :s-smilie:

Is it going to be called "Portrayal"?
LOL. I thought it was going to be called 'Portrayal' but that was only because I thought it would be quite a nice pun when I said in my above post 'the woman which she is portraying...'. But no, there was no such luck, the film is called 'Provoked'.

You have the right thread that I was referring to but I wasn't the one that made that post! I don't actually know what made me want to study law or want to become a lawyer the last time I really thought about it was when I was writing my personal statement for my UCAS form. My opening line was 'My interest in law stems from my love of politics...'. Thats the closest thing to the truth I think.
Tory_boy
Having read another thread elsewhere on this forum, I came across this link detailing the story behind the woman that Ms Rai will be portraying. What a hurrendous story but I think the movie will be quite good...

wow, thats a horrific story. Mind you, it happens :frown:
could be a great film if they do it right i suppose?
hi! im half russian half indian and love bollywood. i am such an addict. i love ash and loved dhoom 2 and umrao jaan. the dances were great and the music was lovely. i hate kareena kapoor. :mad:
Why?
ooh i hate Kareena too :p:
She has this 'better than everyone' attitude, truth be told, if her sister hadnt been such a star, she would never have gotten into the industry.
Her acting isnt great, some have been decent/half decent but she can only do the spoilt brat roles effectively :rolleyes:
She also thinks she's stunningly beautiful when infact, she really isnt and looks average (below imo) compared to all the other gems we have in the industry :p: and shes rather chubby :biggrin: (for an actress imo)
Reply 794
Lol kareena aint that bad, it depends on her roles and how well she does them, and how well the director does. i think she has done well, but she will not do aswell as her sister. Madhuri Dixit i heard is making a comeback in a YR film!
mypaperheart
Why?

because she can't act. ash is so fantastic. i wish i looked like her!
Reply 796
Kareena's quite the wholesome woman in my opinion. She looks pretty good in 'Don' and especially that song: 'Yeh mera dil...'. I agree that she was probably given a good start into bollywood because of her sister- Karishma who was so much more amazing. Its really a shame that she isn't doing any movies now. Incidentally, I was pleased to see Kajol returned after so long for a whole 15 second role in Kabhi Alvida Nah Kehna may be karishma could do the same!
Reply 797
Lol Kajol did Fanaa also. I do not think Ash is a good actress, i think she has lost it. In my opinion Dhoom 2 was one of her worst performances. I have to say Kareena is improving though, and she can adapt to different roles. one of her best performances has definately got to be Asoka! I reckon Ash has to go and seek help from Shahrukh who is the only saviour actresses have. He done wonders for Priyanka, Kareena and many others.
Its funny that kajol did fanaa esp as in the past, Amir khan said he;d never do a film with her again or something like that :p:
Fanaa was good, just a tad depressing :frown:
Reply 799
Its funny that kajol did fanaa esp as in the past, Amir khan said he;d never do a film with her again or something like that :p:
Fanaa was good, just a tad depressing :frown:
If I remember correctly, then Fanaa was one of those films that went on forever at the begninning with no substantial storyline being developed at all. All we really knew was that there was a man and a woman and they seemed to like each other!
It was quite a surprise the way that the storyline turned therefore and suddenly it became like a different film- totally unexpected.
It reminds me of Mr and Mrs Smith. I had absolutely no idea of the genre of the film before watching it and suddenly they both turn out to be spies.

Was Shilpa Shetty in Zeher? If not, who was that actress that starred in it? Zeher is easily my favourite Bollywood film, I watched Woh Lamhe recently and that was good also. Anybody seen either of those?

Quick Reply

Latest