The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Will be interesting to see Anil Kapoor and his son Harsh acting in the same film for the first time!

Never heard of Adivi Sesh before today but I'm impressed with how this film looks

What do you think about Aamir Khan's long-awaited remake of Forrest Gump?

Looks like it could be a decent action movie if you ask me :redface:

Looks like fun :smile:

With 3 big movies coming out next year, I hope SRK manages to get it right this time

I was very impressed with the first movie and I thought it was amazing. So I'm looking forward to the sequel and I hope it will be as good as the first.

After over 4 years in the making, several delays and (allegedly) a 300 crore budget - how do you think this movie looks? I'm in two minds about it. Will the VFX measure up to Hollywood standards or will it be another sci-fi dud like Ra.One?

A producer on this film was very rude to me while I was chatting to Hussain Dalal, who's also in this movie (he's a really nice guy). As good as this movie looks, does it really deserve to do well after a mammoth production and the staff treating their supporters with contempt? You know the unwritten rule in Hollywood that passion projects which go over budget and behind schedule rarely do well. Only time will tell. I'll probably wait for the streaming release again.

After the failure of Samrat Prithviraj (which made a loss of somewhere around 150 crores), Akshay Kumar needs a big hit. I think this looks like a sweet movie and a lot of fun that you can watch with your family. But I'm a fan of Akshay Kumar and Anand L Rai so I'll let someone else more impartial share their opinion. Gotta say, Atrangi Re was fantastic and I also enjoyed Tanu Weds Manu (both of them) as well as Raanjhanaa. Zero is the only mis-step this director has made.

Apparently Akshay has been heard saying that if Prithviraj fails, he will go back to making Housefull and Rowdy Rathore. So how do you feel about sequels to those arriving in the future? :tongue:

5 or 6 Hindi movies I've watched recently but haven't shared my thoughts about them yet. Will write something about them another day when I have some time.
Original post by asif007
I've mentioned a few times on here: the reason so many women love SRK is because he presents this hyper-glamourous fantasy of romance that all women want their real-life relationships to match. So when I came across this article, I thought no surprises, this is well-known to all of us with a knowledge of Bollywood and the power that this one particular actor holds over women. But when I got to the part about a woman implying she is trying to raise her sons to be like SRK, and the final sentence of the article which says that women want to be SRK, this set my alarm bells ringing. All this tells me is that there are many modern women (including those who follow Bollywood movies) who can't separate their enjoyment of Hindi romances from real-life relationships. There is only one SRK and all his romantic on-screen characters are fictional, which means so many women are gonna end up disappointed when they can't find an exact copy of him in any man they look at. One of the reasons why attractive South Asian women have such high relationship standards these days is because of glamorous Bollywood movies that sell this "romanticised romance" idea to impressionable young women.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-59344606

So I found my post from a couple of months ago about how much women love SRK. Then I remembered this video with this ridiculous bride who kept shooting down the groom's clothing choices because she wants him to look like SRK. :tongue: Honestly can brides get much worse than this? Start watching from 11.50 - the whole thing made me laugh.

Karan Malhotra's remake of Agneepath with Hrithik Roshan was a masterpiece. Will Ranbir Kapoor's first movie this year live up to that? I'm undecided. :s-smilie:

(edited 1 year ago)
I will be watching Jug Jug Jeeyo in the cinema tomorrow. Will give a personal review soon after :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
I will be watching Jug Jug Jeeyo in the cinema tomorrow. Will give a personal review soon after :smile:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it! :smile:
BBC with more thoughts on the Bollywood film industry. It's unusual to see so many articles recently as they don't usually write a lot about Indian films and music.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-62145780
Laal Singh Chadda being panned across the audience... Aamir Khan deserves this for insulting a Oscar winning film and Tom Hanks with his cheap remake along with his usual dose of Pakistan appeasement and hindu bashing.. hope this film makes losses like anything.
All huge flops lately.

Brahmastra will be disaster.

Quick Reply

Latest