The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Is it out on DVD yet?
Reply 981
Not to sure, should be out soon though! Must be out in India! Im sure you could get a copy from southall :smile:
i saw guru yesterday.....damn the film wz awesome!....abhishek wz top!...the last scene in the court wz outstanding!....he should get best actor award!...he deserves it!
f.amir
i saw guru yesterday.....damn the film wz awesome!....abhishek wz top!...the last scene in the court wz outstanding!....he should get best actor award!...he deserves it!

Considering you didnt like Don/KANK but liked Dhoom/Krrish, i'll watch the film before taking your judgement on board :p:
sarforaz
Considering you didnt like Don/KANK but liked Dhoom/Krrish, i'll watch the film before taking your judgement on board :p:

when have i said i didnt lyk Don?....i think u didnt read my post on the previous page....i thought don wz really good...didnt really lyk kank...but it wz ok....dhoom 2 wz good....krrish wz ok too.
I liked Dhoom 2 :smile:
Get out ¬_¬
Dhoom 2 was terrible...
sarforaz
Get out ¬_¬
Dhoom 2 was terrible...

no it wasnt!...one of the biggest hits of the year!....its a matter of having good taste...and clearly u dont have one mate!....i think u shud get out!
Good taste? you have no logical backing to as to why it was actually 'a good film' or if you do, go ahead give me your argument.
I've already given my verdict on the film in previous post and i know i wont watch a HR film again UNLESS someone i know (who has a good taste in films) recomends it with a passion :p:
Doesnt even deserve to be in the industry *grumbles*
sarforaz
Good taste? you have no logical backing to as to why it was actually 'a good film' or if you do, go ahead give me your argument.
I've already given my verdict on the film in previous post and i know i wont watch a HR film again UNLESS someone i know (who has a good taste in films) recomends it with a passion :p:
Doesnt even deserve to be in the industry *grumbles*

now your just chatting from ur backside...he got best actor award this year....and both his filmz were big hits last year ..although im a SRK fan...i thought HR wz good in D2...and it wz a blockbuster!....next time when you send a post...just think!
I don't know what moron gave him 'best actor' award but i guess they give those out to anyone nowerdays -.-
Krrish, i personally didnt like + didnt rate him for it but i know some people do, so ill agree to disagree to be fair.
Dhoom 2, no story line and what was in was so flawed (the bit with the black stripes + the little machine thing? my god.... i cringed in my seat!)
Ending of the film was terrible, like i've said before, no substance, just all about flash + showing flesh, that does not make a good film by any standards.
Imagine if they released + hypped that in Hollywood, it would get laughed off the screen and ripped to pieces by the critics :mad:
Reply 991
well i agree the ending of dhoom2 was terrible and pathethic to say the least but the film was good overall..in fact i started liking the film a couple of days after i saw it in the cinemas..i like it cos its escapist cinema at its best. and the visuals were stunning! i can safetly say that its one of my fave films of the year 2006 below kank and vivah. (ps i havent seen don yet..so..)

i find it strange i love vivah immensely when i already love KANK very much.. opposite story lines but great compelling films!!! I expected vivah to be utter **** but man it blew me away..it did.. a beautiful film!

i am wondering whether ppl here who liked KANK also liked vivah or viceversa?
krish87
well i agree the ending of dhoom2 was terrible and pathethic to say the least but the film was good overall..in fact i started liking the film a couple of days after i saw it in the cinemas..i like it cos its escapist cinema at its best. and the visuals were stunning! i can safetly say that its one of my fave films of the year 2006 below kank and vivah. (ps i havent seen don yet..so..)

i find it strange i love vivah immensely when i already love KANK very much.. opposite story lines but great compelling films!!! I expected vivah to be utter **** but man it blew me away..it did.. a beautiful film!

i am wondering whether ppl here who liked KANK also liked vivah or
viceversa?

agree...sometimes filmz with no substance become big hits becuase of powerpacked performances....dhoom 2 is a fine example...i thought everyone except uday chopra were good....i went to see vivah with zero expectations...but i thought it wz an awesome movie...i thought kank wz ok.
Reply 993
Dhoom 2 was absolutely horrendous and f.amir i think uday chopra did better than HR. the best film was Don if you are looking at substance, action and acting. hrithik may have had hits but box office shows Don and KANK were biggerr overseas.
also i liked vivah and kank both.
i hate watching a HR film too, he makes me cringe all the time! his ovewracting is so boring and feel bored whenever i see him on the screen. i agree with sarforaz on all the points he made!
The reason dhoom 2 did well, to be frank is that in bollywood, nothing has been released with that quality in the stunts + 'star/hot' cast etc..
i bet it did terrible in the west though :p:
but meh i wont speak about dhoom 2 anymore ¬_¬
Vivah i watched with no expectations and loved it :biggrin:
Don i had high expectations and it delivered higher :eek:
and KANK... good film/good acting but i wasnt in the mood to watch it that day... may watch it again though :smile:
Reply 995
In my opninion year 2006 was SRK year no matter what people say! HR is nowhere near the King!
Reply 996
Don i had high expectations and it delivered higher

oh i cant wait 2 watch don!!!!!!!!!! i have the dvd but no english subs! grr..

yeah HR is nowhere near srk but the boxoffice speaks differently. hated him in krish! urgh.. in dhoom 2 he was just about alright thanks to the terrific chemistry with ash...
Reply 997
krish87
oh i cant wait 2 watch don!!!!!!!!!! i have the dvd but no english subs! grr..

yeah HR is nowhere near srk but the boxoffice speaks differently. hated him in krish! urgh.. in dhoom 2 he was just about alright thanks to the terrific chemistry with ash...

Shoving his tongue down her mouth is not what i call chemistry. i was just in dreamland over bips anyway in Dhoom 2!!!
whens eklavya comign out?....promos are lookign good!
Reply 999
Eklavya looks good. but i feel bad, i think its going to flop, even though i want it to be a hit. there is something about the movie that is not right, just cant pinpoint it lol!!! Its coming out this month though!!!

Quick Reply

Latest