The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

dude...all im gonna say is shut up and stuff srk up ur ass!
you predictions and comments are so dumb...get a life!
Well who is getting all emotional now?!!!
at least i aint writing essays to justify points..
f.amir
at least i aint writing essays to justify points..

Well you have to justify points!
Lol...
I think people find SRK's acting 'repetitive' because well, in Bollywood, a lot of people want to see romantics etc and he perfected it a long time ago, how many different styles can you do a romantic in? And you can only do what the scripts directors tell you!
Thought he played the Don role well too...
Someone raised the point that he doesnt break barriers; why does that mean the person is a good actor or not? Trying new stuff is good, but doesnt always work?
And someone said something about AB being the king etc...
well yes he is to an extent that he gets the most hype (broadest appeal factor in the industry imo) but he has passed the age where you can play a significant number of main stream roles, which is unfortunate because hes such a great actor, but its a reality!
Im not sure who will be the 'next big thing', dont see anyone with a huge/broad appeal tbh...
like Amir Khan (imo) is a great actor but he doesnt appeal to everyone out there (too serious nowerdays some may say?)
But SRK and AM appeal to the masses!
And dont anyone dare say HR appeals to the masses, because he doesnt, infact we have our own little HR haters right here! :p:
well im saying HR appeals to the masses...gotta problem with that?..
HR only appeals to little teenage girls!!!
SRK has broken barriers. like with Phir bhi dil hai hindustani, when srk did that after that films like yuva and rang de basanti came along!!!
phir bhi dil hai hindustani wz unbeleivably crap!.....and he did overact in that film..
f.amir
phir bhi dil hai hindustani wz unbeleivably crap!.....and he did overact in that film..

BTW Welcome Back Sarforaz!!!
How did i know you was going to say that. i thought the film was good to be honest. you could tell SRK and Juhi put in a lot of effort into it. If you find PBDHH crap, then i am sure you found Yuva and RDB crap too!!! the songs were very good!!! No way did he over act in that film. The master of overacting is Hrithik Roshan my friend!!!
Wasn't Phir Bhi Dil Hai hindustani the biggest flop of the century? Is that the barrier it broke? Certainly, I don't remember there being anything special about that film.
The film opened up a new genre Toryboy!!! And no it was not the biggest flop of the century!!!

also SRK has also said how he did not like Dhoom 2. Seems like the King agrees with some of us! i love what he says!!!
http://www.indiatarget.com/cgi-bin/detailnews.cgi?id=4421
who gives it s*** what srk has to say abt D2....its all abt the masses!...they liked it!....so it doesnt make any difference if he likes it or not!
Well he spoke what a lot of people felt after seeing Dhoom 2. We expected it to be like Dhoom but it obviously didnt live up to the expectations. SRK was right about D2 and only little girls love D2!
singh1987
I think SRK can play a mentally challenged guy! i dont think it be difficult for him to be honest. i am sure he done one in the past. I didnt think his acting was repetitive and unoriginal in KHNH! i think SRK did brilliant in the role and justified it completely. No one else could do a role like that, it wouldn't work.

I dont dislike Hrithik because he was the next big thing, i have said that before. i dont think he can act to be honest and he overacts just like he done in most of his movies. the only films he acts good in was K3G and his father's first two films. i think he was not good enough for Krissh! I look at acting ability more than anything. if i was a proper die-hard fan of SRK and not willing to see anything else i wouldnt be praising Big B or Aamir Khan really would i?
I honestly thought it was a Khan year this year with terrific performances by SRK, Aamir Khan and Saif Ali Khan. SRK did a risk in doing Don and he knew he was going to be compared to Big B. But he did show how versatile he is. to me in a critical point of view SRK's Don was one of his best performances in his career, i also agree with KANK. Aamir Khan in Fanaa was amazing, although he has the same dance routines, his acting is superb, hence why i dont think it was Hrithik's year in 2006.
This year i think again is going to be SRK year with films like Chak De India! and a Farah Khan film. With Chak De India being a YR film, it will do well in the box office. whether it will be a hit, i am not too sure. However i believe the Farah Khan film will be a hit!
Hrithik has Jodha-Akbar and it be interesting to see how well it will do. Gowarikar last film Swades was a flop but got praised by critics. So in my opinion Jodha-Akhbar will be a an average film, but i dont think Hrithik will suit the role. i prefer seeing Abhishek in that role to be honest.

I'm not saying Shahrukh can't play a mentally challenged guy, but there is no way at all he would have suited Hrithik's role in Koi Mil Gaya.

Shahrukh's acting in KKHH, K3G, KHNH and KANK is repetitive. You'll notice those are all Karan Johar's films, who writes these films with Shahrukh's role in mind... therefore Shahrukh ends up doing the same thing in each of those films. And that's exactly what I meant when I said he didn't break any barriers. You can't give him an award for films he has done the same kinda work in... that defies the whole concept of award-giving and the whole idea of giving awards should just be scrapped. Originality deserves recognition.

Rahul, you just said "the only films Hrithik acts good in was K3G and his father's first two films"... whereas you yourself said a few posts ago that when you saw K3G you realised Hrithik can't act and you were relieved that he was no longer a threat to Shahrukh.... please make your mind up... you're contradicting yourself!

Shahrukh was nothing special in KANK or Don... I do like Shahrukh, and I did enjoy the films, but his acting was not anything special.

I can't say anything for your predictions, as that is all they are: predictions.
lol
Nisherz187
I'm not saying Shahrukh can't play a mentally challenged guy, but there is no way at all he would have suited Hrithik's role in Koi Mil Gaya.

Shahrukh's acting in KKHH, K3G, KHNH and KANK is repetitive. You'll notice those are all Karan Johar's films, who writes these films with Shahrukh's role in mind... therefore Shahrukh ends up doing the same thing in each of those films. And that's exactly what I meant when I said he didn't break any barriers. You can't give him an award for films he has done the same kinda work in... that defies the whole concept of award-giving and the whole idea of giving awards should just be scrapped. Originality deserves recognition.

Rahul, you just said "the only films Hrithik acts good in was K3G and his father's first two films"... whereas you yourself said a few posts ago that when you saw K3G you realised Hrithik can't act and you were relieved that he was no longer a threat to Shahrukh.... please make your mind up... you're contradicting yourself!

Shahrukh was nothing special in KANK or Don... I do like Shahrukh, and I did enjoy the films, but his acting was not anything special.

I can't say anything for your predictions, as that is all they are: predictions.

I think SRK was different in KANK. he didnt play his normal good romantic hero. So he did do something different there.He was different in Don and he got away from the romantic scene. i think he was superb as Don, he was slick, smart and had a dark aura and made the villain look cool!!! he actually got people to hate him in KANK because they thought he was like Dev. that is what you call acting! Definately deserved the award of best actor more than HR for a silly film like D2!

With HR acting good in three films, K3G was a multi-starrer and he was bound to do well because of the experience. also with the good direction of karan johar. The other two i will say because of his Dad's direction. So i dont think it is HR that acted good maybe i should have explained myself properly earlier, it was due to the level of experience of co-stars and directors. The guy is no where near a threat to King Khan!

SRK has been the undisputed King for 5 years in a row according to Box office records!
singh1987
I think SRK was different in KANK. he didnt play his normal good romantic hero. So he did do something different there.He was different in Don and he got away from the romantic scene. i think he was superb as Don, he was slick, smart and had a dark aura and made the villain look cool!!! he actually got people to hate him in KANK because they thought he was like Dev. that is what you call acting! Definately deserved the award of best actor more than HR for a silly film like D2!

With HR acting good in three films, K3G was a multi-starrer and he was bound to do well because of the experience. also with the good direction of karan johar. The other two i will say because of his Dad's direction. So i dont think it is HR that acted good maybe i should have explained myself properly earlier, it was due to the level of experience of co-stars and directors. The guy is no where near a threat to King Khan!

SRK has been the undisputed King for 5 years in a row according to Box office records!

you think srk deserved an award...but at the end of the day...who got it?!...there you go!....
f.amir
you think srk deserved an award...but at the end of the day...who got it?!...there you go!....

the awards are just flawed! obviously they not looking at acting ability there! in my honest opinion i thought Hrithik was better in Krissh than Dhoom 2 but both were poor performances. there were better actors this year than HR, who deserved the award!

BTW Nisha, Amitabh cant be the Baadshah because he is the Shahenshah!!!
Nisherz187; how long have you been watching films/watch a lot of films?
I don't to make this comment to sound patronising...
but what SRK did (imo) was refine acting and take it to another level. When you watch films like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, i dont think any other actor could've done it to the same effect as SRK did. The standard/level he set for himself and for the industry makes it hard to break boundaries again etc.
In terms of romantics displaying raw emotion on the screen and making your heart twist while watching a film, no one can do it better than;
AB (does it best imo)
SRK (yea hes mastered it)
Amir Khan does it with a film now and then (im thinking Lagaan etc)
Salman Khan did it very well in Baghban + Tere Naam
etc... im yet to watch a film of HR where after i think... wow?
I dont know, imo he's acting lacks something, it doesnt come across as so believable...
in Koi Mil Gaya, maybe i was bias cos im more of an ET fan :p:, in Krrish.. they also copied some films, cant remember which one now...
But regardless of the story, his acting didnt sell it to me? Don't get me started again on Dhoom 2 :p:

Quick Reply

Latest