The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

singh1987
Or maybe he too good of an actor and it convinced them he had sex!!!

The point is, it was a sex scene. He's so highly cultured hey.
Nisherz187
Shahrukh doesn't do kissing scenes because he is "embarrassed" by it, not coz he's safeguarding anyone's culture.

Besides, its not about being old-fashioned.... people do kiss, people do have sex... those acts are not prohibited and doing them does not make anyone any less cultured.

Yeah but in india you just dont show the world you are having sex or you dont kiss in public!!!
and plus because he established himself he knows he doesnt need to do a kissing scene to get him attention! i may be defending my points but i did like films like jism! my point is that if one says they woulnt kiss on screen then they shouldnt. yeah i agree its a big publicity stunt and that is why aish is on my most hated actress list, not because she crap at acting(well in most films she is) but it degrades her as a person in my opinion!

By the way Nisha the SRK comment on sex was sarcasm!
singh1987
Yeah but in india you just dont show the world you are having sex or you dont kiss in public!!!
and plus because he established himself he knows he doesnt need to do a kissing scene to get him attention!

No, he can jump right in and do sex scenes instead.
singh1987
and plus because he established himself he knows he doesnt need to do a kissing scene to get him attention! i may be defending my points but my point is that if one says they woulnt kiss on screen then they shouldnt. yeah i agree its a big publicity stunt and that is why aish is on my most hated actress list, not because she crap at acting(well in most films she is) but it degrades her as a person in my opinion!

By the way Nisha the SRK comment on sex was sarcasm!

I just don't understand why kissing scenes make someone shallow.

People in India do kiss in public by the way. Sex is obviously a whole different concept.

You see people kissing in public, so why is it different if its on-screen?
The thing is its not properly accepted with people kissing on the streets and kissing on-screen just makes people think its allowed!
People don't need films to show them what's acceptable and what isn't does it?

Shahrukh in KANK had an affair for example, yet you love the film and don't think it's unacceptable that it shows people its allowed.

Films show sex before marriage, abortions, affairs, rape, kids running away, murders etc...does that mean that those things are allowed? Nobody rants and raves about that - kissing shouldn't be singled out in that sense.

The majority of people don't need films to show them right and wrong. People in India have been kissing in public before it was even depicted in films. It's just reality.
Im not saying people dont kiss or have sex in reality!!!
yeah i love the film because it shows the truth about indian people! maybe because the film meant something to me as an individual.
Yeah but like im not sayin madhuri is a crap actress because she kissed on screen. i didnt say that did i? what im saying is that if someone says they wont do something and then do it the next, then i just think that person is basically an idiot and i wouldnt have respect for them.
i even contradict myself. i said i liked jism but i dont agree with kissing on screen. but thats they way i am!!!
But Rahul people are not bound by what they say...

I mean, in the conversations we've had, even you've said things about how you're not going to do certain things and then you say you didn't mean it, and you change your mind about them... does that mean I should think you're an idiot and lose respect for you?
whohoho....its heating up in here...lol
Yeah maybe i am an idiot. i have never said i am not. i have always contradicted myself, its just me showing my different shades in my personality. like i said im contraversial. maybe its a good thing, maybe its a bad thing! But it gets people talking lol!!!
not fair nish...ive only got 351 posts...to my name...im not happy...lol
f.amir
whohoho....its heating up in here...lol

No it isn't Farhan, stop trying to stir! ^o)
f.amir
not fair nish...ive only got 351 posts...to my name...im not happy...lol

lol, get typing then!
singh1987
Yeah maybe i am an idiot. i have never said i am not. i have always contradicted myself, its just me showing my different shades in my personality. like i said im contraversial. maybe its a good thing, maybe its a bad thing! But it gets people talking lol!!!

But you're not even being controversial.... how can you be controversial when you yourself contradict every other statement you make?

Contradiction doesn't show different shades of someone's personality, it shows falsehood.
its not falsehood, its the way my mind works!!!

by the fact i was going against what people said it caused a bit of contraversy especially when i just say i liked a film like jism and enjoyed kank! then say its wrong for aish to do a kissing scene
singh1987
its not falsehood, its the way my mind works!!!

by the fact i was going against what people said it caused a bit of contraversy especially when i just say i liked a film like jism and enjoyed kank!

But if your mind works that way, and you change your mind about things you say, surely you can't hold a strong enough opinion on something?

But that would mean everyone in this world is controversial.... every single person holds views that are different to the next person.
Well yeah we all are contraversial somehow! i was contraversial there because i totally degraded aish for kissing and then said basically saying it was allowed in jism

But like i said to you before i dont want people to know what im thinking maybe because i dont know myself!!! i dotn have to change myself so people like me!!! *i pat myself on the back for that*
singh1987
Well yeah we all are contraversial somehow! i was contraversial there because i totally degraded aish for kissing and then said basically saying it was allowed in jism

But like i said to you before i dont want people to know what im thinking maybe because i dont know myself!!! i dotn have to change myself so people like me!!! *i pat myself on the back for that*

That was contradictory not controversial Rahul... c'mon now, your english is better than that!

It's not about changing yourself for others to like you, its about you trying to figure out for yourself what you actually think.
But the thing is my views change all the time! its just the way i am!!! condradictory then, sorry its been a long day!!!
Nisherz187
People don't need films to show them what's acceptable and what isn't does it?

Shahrukh in KANK had an affair for example, yet you love the film and don't think it's unacceptable that it shows people its allowed.

Films show sex before marriage, abortions, affairs, rape, kids running away, murders etc...does that mean that those things are allowed? Nobody rants and raves about that - kissing shouldn't be singled out in that sense.

The majority of people don't need films to show them right and wrong. People in India have been kissing in public before it was even depicted in films. It's just reality.

The films which show things like rape, muder etc tend to show its wrong anyway, ie the lead goes and gets revenge on the bad guy/put in jail. Even when a 'good guy' gets revenge through murder, you tend to see them handing themselves over to the police :rolleyes: So to an extent they do try and show right and wrong.
With the running away, they will show that they shouldnt have (or parents were terrible etc)
Abortions, some accept, some dont...
Certain films will push boundaries and ask questions in society, like Babul, like KANK etc thats different to doing something for no reason...
In dhoom 2, it added nothing, NOTHING at all the the script! Infact doing the whole russian roulette was kinda stupid imo :p:

Yes people might do stuff in reality, but Dhoom 2 was to be a blockbuster for all ages, and i dont think its necessary to do that on screen, whatever the reality is irl. You can be more artistic/clever in showing something without being blunt!
In Hum Tum, you didnt see Rani and Saif having sex? but the fact they wake up together is enough to say whats happened, yea sure its part of the story but its done a little more classy. (Kiss in Hum Tum was the back of the head i think?)

Quick Reply

Latest