The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

s_rishi1
Totally agree on those three, I actually consider them ugly, particularly Priyanka and Shetty because of their noses, and Preity I just don't think is good looking.

Couldn't really find a big picture of Rageshwari on the net, so can't say, and Ayesha Takia I'm still not sure about, she always looks like she has a bit of a plump face and too much make up, though I haven't really seen her in many movies.

We should try and include the girls in this a little bit! Girls, who's your fave bollywood actor? My guess would be Hrithik?

didn't shetty have a nose job to make her nose look nicer or something :confused:

i also agree. i don't priyanka or shetty are very good looking - but i wouldn't call them ugly!
s_rishi1
Totally agree on those three, I actually consider them ugly, particularly Priyanka and Shetty because of their noses, and Preity I just don't think is good looking.

Couldn't really find a big picture of Rageshwari on the net, so can't say, and Ayesha Takia I'm still not sure about, she always looks like she has a bit of a plump face and too much make up, though I haven't really seen her in many movies.

We should try and include the girls in this a little bit! Girls, who's your fave bollywood actor? My guess would be Hrithik?

Yeah Hrithik...he's awesome! Me and my brother have the same eye colour as him :redface:
Ermm not sure about anyone else to be honest...though Saif makes me laugh.
Oh yeah, and I think Amir Khan is a really good actor :smile:
Reply 1783
Yeah, he was excellent in Lagaan and RDB.

Anyone looking forward to Partner? Should be good, seeing as it's got the ultimate comedy actor in it - GOVINDA. Every thing he does makes me laugh, I find him so hilarious!

Also, I've been really impressed with Bobby Deol. He was the only actor to redeem himself in JBJ, and whenever I've seen him he's acted well.

Anyone seen shootout at Lokhandwala? I'll be watching that on Thurs after my last exam :biggrin:

Anyone thinking of entering the Jhoom Baby Jhoom contest with B4U music :P?
i adore Larra Dutta
Reply 1785
Yeah she's gorgeous, though unfortunately I couldn't resist giving her the nickname Lara Slutta (only cos it rhymes!)
Reply 1786
I think I'm about the most shallow person I know :laugh:
s_rishi1
Yeah she's gorgeous, though unfortunately I couldn't resist giving her the nickname Lara Slutta (only cos it rhymes!)

Yer, probably the most beautiful indian actress i saw
s_rishi1
Yeah, he was excellent in Lagaan and RDB.

Anyone looking forward to Partner? Should be good, seeing as it's got the ultimate comedy actor in it - GOVINDA. Every thing he does makes me laugh, I find him so hilarious!

Also, I've been really impressed with Bobby Deol. He was the only actor to redeem himself in JBJ, and whenever I've seen him he's acted well.

Anyone seen shootout at Lokhandwala? I'll be watching that on Thurs after my last exam :biggrin:

Anyone thinking of entering the Jhoom Baby Jhoom contest with B4U music :P?

i can't wait for this film! the songs are pretty cool, and i just think that David Dhawan films (apart from Shaadi No1 which was crap) are awesome!

and it has Govinda! i'm glad he made his comeback - he is a good guy
dt_2
i can't wait for this film! the songs are pretty cool, and i just think that David Dhawan films (apart from Shaadi No1 which was crap) are awesome!

and it has Govinda! i'm glad he made his comeback - he is a good guy

I know what you mean! I've had the title song in my head for ages...
Reply 1790
In this whole prettiness debate- Whats wrong with Prianka's nose? I thinks she looks pretty tbh. Also Katrina Kaif is really pretty as well. I don't see the big deal with Bips though. Uglys according to me woud be- celina jetley, tanushree dutta and....cant think of more atm. Heck maybe girls' opinions differ from guys' huh?

Guys- welll. I'm an ABjr fan but not caus of his looks. He's got really impressive eyes and his personalitys just....haye
Hrithik is cool. But he's not the conventional bollywood face. He has such a european sorta face. Makes him look more hollywood...which is gr8 too of course!

Ugliness is defined by Emraan Hashmi though. Short. Monkey-faced and bad movies. Hate him for having all the hit songs to his name!

I like the song 'Ur my love' its just too catchy! looking forward to ze movie.

Btw..both links for namastey london dont work any more. Eros copyrighted it on Youtube and the other one is under renovation or something....any other ideas??
Reply 1791
Hey Krystal,

Yeah Katrina Kaif is hot too...is she a British 'export?' heheAnd you're right, Hritihk does look very European...he always reminded me of a Roman Demigod haha

I could never figure out why the girls went crazy for Emraan Hashmi, though then again I can't tell whether a guy's good looking or not :s-smilie:

Namaste London is up and running on triple w dot joox dot net

Hope you figure that one out :wink:
Reply 1792
yes i figured! Thank u sooooo much- it is up and running!!! and its got so many other movies as well....excellent....tis my quota for next month! hehe. Katrina is a british export- like Upen Patel. Btw....he annoys me as well. hehe.
Hello every1!!!
I make my comeback once again to TSR Bollywood Society!!!
At the moment i have seen all the releases except for the 3 big films that opened on the 29th. I am watching Aap Ka Surroor today!!!
Right i will just be rating the movies out of 10 and a little comment:

Cheeni Kum- 7/10- the film is good, very well paced and excellent acting, especially tabu. However I was slightly uncomfortable with Big B!

Shootout at Lokhandwala-9/10 excellent movie, absolutely loved it, action packed with excellent acting. All actors justified their
characters. The songs were a little out of place but it was bearable. I have to give special credit to Viviek Oberoi- he was 10/10 and I knew he would come out on top!!!

Fool n Final- 4/10 its a kids movie but i got bored half way through. So just watch it when u in the mood for some mindless comedy. Viveik Oberoi again was superb.

TRRP- 7/10 good story, good direction, good acting, Javed Jaffrey was brilliant!!!

JBJ-5/10-what happened YRF? a potentially good story but portrayed very badly. 5/10 goes out to the acting of all the stars. i must say that Bobby Deol is a fantastic actor! Abhishek is also brilliant. Music is also fantastic

Water-9/10 excellent story, acting and direction. A powerful performance by shabana azmi and john abraham. A must see film!!!
There we are with my views on current films that i have watched. however i must say for everyone to watch the movies and not to go by what i say. i have different tastes in movies etc.

The title song for Cash is really good and catchy!!!
Reply 1794
Hey guys it's Sanjay here, just so that you don't get confused I used to be called s_rishi1!
Just seen Aap Ka surroor and it was one of the good releases of the year. Deserves to be a hit. overall a rating of 9/10. Reasons are firstly the acting. Himesh for his first film did brilliantly, he did better than expected. Hansika did brilliant for her debut as an actress and not a child artist. Mallika was also surprisingly good, she didnt have a big role which is good. Himesh's friend was also good, he shared a good chemistry with Himesh. The story was a typical love story but it was well protrayed and was fast paced. Excellent direction by Mr Chadha. Also Himesh's clothes were really good in the film- the fashion designer was ace!!!
kolo5
Hey Krystal,

Yeah Katrina Kaif is hot too...is she a British 'export?' hehe

Yeah, I heard somewhere that she has such an anglicised way of speaking Hindi that nobody would understand her...so she has to be dubbed in every film! I thought she moved her mouth strangely sometimes lol...but she is very pretty :smile:
redballoons
Yeah, I heard somewhere that she has such an anglicised way of speaking Hindi that nobody would understand her...so she has to be dubbed in every film! I thought she moved her mouth strangely sometimes lol...but she is very pretty :smile:

From Wikipedia:
"...However, filmmakers were at first hesitant to sign her because of her linguistic shortcomings, such as her inability to speak Hindi. Films that did feature her usually had her voice dubbed over by a native speaker of the film's language. This changed with the film, Namastey London, in which she dubbed her own lines."
Reply 1798
Hmmmm interesting

I dunno about her acting abilities though...she's not much more than a pretty face (and nice figure)...
Just saw Apne. Pretty good film, and really good acting by pretty much everyone bar one or two :p:
There were a few scenes which made me cry, but I think some scenes dragged on far too much- a bit too gory for my liking, especially the "crunch" noises lol (anyone who knows what I mean...I'm sure you'll agree, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else :smile:)
Overall, far, far better than JBJ- I'd rate it about 7 or 8.
Anybody else seen it and what do you all think?

Quick Reply

Latest