The Student Room Group

Who's harder to please in a relationship? Men or women?

Scroll to see replies

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure I've had higher expectations than my partner in both my previous relationships. I guess it was because I was more emotional than them and felt frustrated when I wouldn't get them to understand how I was feeling at times!
Reply 61
Original post by TolerantBeing
That's exactly what constitutes a generalisation?

If you read before that, I said from my experience which I have NOT applied to all women. Just women from my experiences, not saying it's a general rule.
Reply 62
Been.with both. Guys more than girls I conclude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Pretty much what I want from a relationship is affection and sex. Women seem more complicated.
Reply 64
Man did I get lucky. My girlfriend is as easily pleased as I am.
Original post by CJKay
Man did I get lucky. My girlfriend is as easily pleased as I am.

She sounds pretty awesome :smile:
Reply 66
In my personal experience, women. Women tend to expect more from relationships. They have a lot of feels.

Although this can be annoying, it's equally annoying when men don't give the future a second thought, or they don't communicate and seem to only care about sex.

Both are hard to please, but when you love someone you're able to put all that aside because they are worth the 'hassle'.

It's less a man/woman thing, more a person thing - everyone has 'faults', and they tend to surface later on in the relationship.

My current partner (female) is very laid back about the future and, whilst this can get on my nerves, it's what I need because I worry a lot.
Reply 67
Original post by Carpe Vinum
She sounds pretty awesome :smile:

She's alright. :colonhash:
Reply 68
Original post by jamieTT
So who's tougher to please, who expects more in a relationship?
Women of course. Why is this even a question?
women seem to take a guy who shows some potential and try to mould them into how they want the guy to be and get upset/angry when they guy resists or 'fails' them; guys tend to find a girl and just try to be happy with her, maybe overlook some of the things he finds out about her because he cares for her. Women seem to find something they don't like about a guy and fixate on it and create problems where there aren't any over it leading to what we call 'expectations'; the expectation for the guy/girl to be perfect. At the same time though, if there's something a woman really doesn't like about her partner, she has to right to ask him to change it or she can learn to live with it. This is when you see what people really mean to each other. If she means enough to the guy, he'll change it, if not then they were never meant to be together because they just weren't compatible. At the same time though, nobody's perfect and love is about overlooking (or not even seeing) those imperfections, it all comes down to whether or not you can learn to live with their imperfections or they'll change it for you, if not then maybe you're just not right for each other and it's time to move on.
This is only my humble experience, but then again; what do we have to learn from other than our own experiences?
Well... the animal that has more to lose, will surely take a lot of impressing to get them to lower their 'defenses'.. so to speak. Pretty self-explanatory.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Well... the animal that has more to lose, will surely take a lot of impressing to get them to lower their 'defenses'.. so to speak. Pretty self-explanatory.

Which? And why?
Original post by ironandbeer
Which? And why?

The woman + sex
The woman + sex

They have sex to lose waa?
Reply 74
Why is this even a question?
They have sex to lose waa?

The chance of getting pregnant. It weighs up. They need to select carefully.
The chance of getting pregnant. It weighs up. They need to select carefully.

Ah true. Then again how many girls / women actually think of this at all when it comes to your average relationship? My own cynical view is that the motivation for almost any relationship by either side is for the sake of it. Very few people around with the emotional intelligence to be anything different to the billions that have gone before.
Ah true. Then again how many girls / women actually think of this at all when it comes to your average relationship? My own cynical view is that the motivation for almost any relationship by either side is for the sake of it. Very few people around with the emotional intelligence to be anything different to the billions that have gone before.

Now, that...I do agree with.
Now, that...I do agree with.

Hard not to agree with this face boiii
Reply 79
I'm surprised the feminists aren't crying "misogyny!" yet at the status of this poll.

HarderToPlease.png

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending