The Student Room Group

AAT Level 2 - Vs - Foundation ACCA Examinations

Hi,

I am looking to start an accountancy qualification and want to go down the ACCA route. I am not sure if my current qualifications will meet the requirements to go straight into the qualification and am trying to decide between taking the AAT level 2 or the foundation ACCA.

Question 1:
How similar are these two and are there any benefits of one over the other?

Question 2:
I have 10 GCSE's and 3 A-levels which I believe should meet the requirements to go straight into the ACCA qualification. However, I don't have any accountancy or finance based experience. So would it be wise of me to do a foundation level first, or will this be covered in the ACCA qualification.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

James
What A-levels do you have? Don't worry about having experience, the asian guy in your local chicken shop is also doing ACCA.

You should sign up for F1 and F2 or something, read the material and see if you can handle it?
Original post by Tokyoround
the asian guy in your local chicken shop is also doing ACCA
Mine's a dealer. I haven't quite cleared up what he deals in, mind.
On a serious note, I think a lot of people aspiring to do the ACCA could easily do F1 and F2. By easily of course I don't mean that you can just do the exams without any sort of revision, but they are certainly doable without any AAT levels as prerequisites.
Hi Spadez,

Quite a popular route for people wanting to get into chartered accountancy is to take the AAT Accounting Qualification first, then move on to the ACCA course.
Because AAT is very much skills based, and focuses on the practical side of accounting, you end up with a really well rounded set of skills and knowledge - both practical, and the higher level theory from ACCA.
The AAT qualification also touches on some of the course content from year 2 of the ACCA course, which can help ease you into your ACCA studies.
If you would like more information, you can call us on 0207 397 3002. Please feel free to order further information via our website. All the best and Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending