The Student Room Group

How is my transcript ??

My school puts your mid year exams and end of year exam results on your transcript if your applying to the US, i'd like to know how mines is

Year 10 (Mid Year)
Maths- A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A
ICT - A
Economics - A*
LCS - A*
French - A

(End of year)

Maths - A* (actual IGCSE Grade)
ICT - B , Actual IGCSE Grade - A
Chemistry - A*
Economics - A
French - A*
Biology - A
English - A

Year 11 (Mock Results - i should have studied more:/)

Maths - A*
ICT - A
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A
Economics - A
French - A
English - A

Predicted : A* (Economics, English, Chemistry, Biology) and an A for french

Do you think my transcript looks good so far for top american universities?

Thanks for the input!
Original post by pbunny
My school puts your mid year exams and end of year exam results on your transcript if your applying to the US, i'd like to know how mines is

Year 10 (Mid Year)
Maths- A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A
ICT - A
Economics - A*
LCS - A*
French - A

(End of year)

Maths - A* (actual IGCSE Grade)
ICT - B , Actual IGCSE Grade - A
Chemistry - A*
Economics - A
French - A*
Biology - A
English - A

Year 11 (Mock Results - i should have studied more:/)

Maths - A*
ICT - A
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A
Economics - A
French - A
English - A

Predicted : A* (Economics, English, Chemistry, Biology) and an A for french

Do you think my transcript looks good so far for top american universities?

Thanks for the input!

Hi there.

According to your grades, it seems like you will be fine. Note that if you are applying for top American universities, they are looking more at your SAT scores and extracurricular activities. On top of that, you will have to demonstrate your abilities and prove to the admissions committee as to why you are a good candidate in your personal statement.

As long as you keep the good work, I'm sure you are bound to be accepted at one of your dream universities. Good luck! :biggrin:
If you have all A's I don't see the point of asking...
Reply 3
Original post by zero_Gravity91
Hi there.

According to your grades, it seems like you will be fine. Note that if you are applying for top American universities, they are looking more at your SAT scores and extracurricular activities. On top of that, you will have to demonstrate your abilities and prove to the admissions committee as to why you are a good candidate in your personal statement.

As long as you keep the good work, I'm sure you are bound to be accepted at one of your dream universities. Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks, i'm well aware about the weighted importance of SAT's and extracurriculars (my CAS hours will hopefully take care of those). I'll study real hard for the SAT's this summer so i can hopefully score 2200+.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending