The Student Room Group

Coping with stress and worrying

Hey so I'm doing my A2s so got some pretty big exams coming up and I'm very worried and stressed. It's getting in the way of my revision because sometimes when I'm getting stuck into one thing I worry about the other things I need to do and then find it difficult to focus. Which isn't exactly ideal...
I just wonder if people have some tips to help me cope with it better? Maybe something you've found helpful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is normal, most people undergo some sort of stress during revision period, and some stress is good - helps to motivate you. However just make sure it's not getting out of hand. If you do feel that you're too stressed, take a step backwards and tell yourself its good that you're getting stuck on something now, because it means you'll eventually figure it out before the exam and then know it. Secondly, take one topic at a time and work through that, try not to think of the pile of other things that you need to get through, just take it one at a time.

Thirdly, if you're too stressed, close the books and distract yourself - it works wonders. Do something completely random, go and stare out of the window, people watching, listen to some music, watch a youtube clip of something funny, and then come back to the revision. And fourthly, if you youtube 'mindfulness exercises' there should be some short relaxation techniques that come up, they're usually quite helpful :-)

I hope that helps you

Edit: Check out this thread it's awesome for exam stress tips: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2585648
(edited 10 years ago)
I am in the same boat as you so I can understand where you are coming from but try something else for a while or make use efferent ways to learn the material.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending