The Student Room Group

Friend lied to me and ditched me... I want revenge?!

I'm a 16 year old boy. I was going to the prom with my good friend 'Laura' and we'd agreed this months ago.

Then I hear that she wants to go with someone else called 'John'. So I confronted her, and she said "I don't even want to go at all." So I said fine, if that's what you want, i'll go with my friends instead. Obviously i'm reeling and feeling a bit hurt, to say the least. Then, I catch her browsing prom dresses and handing in her prom deposit.

I ask my best friend 'Lucy' for advice. Lucy was supposed to go to prom with John but he pulled out and said he didn't want to go... Sounds familiar. Lucy and I then learn that John and Laura are now going to prom together - obviously everything was just a massively engineered stunt so that they could go together and get out of going with us.

Neither me or Lucy want to go anymore but I want revenge. It sounds crazy but I want to pull a stunt at prom that embarrasses them both and I have literally no idea what to do but is this a normal reaction? Am I overreacting? Should I just get over it?
I think you're overreacting just a tad, I'm sorry about what happened though :frown: if you pull a stunt however although they will be embarrassed you'll probably look like the bad man, take the higher ground :smile:
just go -but not for revenge show them you dont care about them by having a good time anyway
I'd say it's somewhat understandable, given that you're feeling some hurt and rejection, but it is an overreaction, really.

Honestly, just leave them to it. They both sound very petty and immature.

Don't let them ruin prom for you. Why not go with "Lucy" and your friends, have some fun, and completely ignore them? The best thing you can do to show them is shrug it off as if you couldn't care less and have a great time.
I totally understand the desire for revenge it pretty much controls my life, but I think the best revenge you can get wouldn't happen in the form of a prank. U just have to look like u dont give a rat's ass and go with Lucy and other people and just never give Laura the time of day again cuz she doesnt deserve it. If she ever needs something from you she's not gonna get it. Hopefully soon you'll have her regretting her behaviour, but you still don't give her the time of day. That way at the end of the day she's the only one who lost anything and she'll look like the idiot that she is.
Totally overreacting, just talk to this 'Laura; and get 'lucy' to talk to how she feels about John!!!
Hurl faeces at them from across the dance floor but wear a monocle & a fake moustache so nobody knows that it is you.
**** her sister.Cant think of anything else.

Never got the obsession of prom anyway..

Why does you want to spend any more time than you have to with people like that?

Also when everyone goes prom-I practice to get in the masterleague :smug:
Don't take any revenge. Just let it go. In a year it won't even matter any more.

But do go to prom if you're feeling it, they can be very fun :smile:
Go and have fun with your friends. Laugh and be merry.

Forget about her.
You're not overreacting but by exacting revenge do sort of sink to their level. You and "Lucy" should go together, I bet they wouldn't like that!
Yeh, it might sound like a good idea at 16. It won't be so good later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending