The Student Room Group

What is wrong with dating lots of women at a time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greatandgood
? Is there really anything wrong with dating lots of women at the same time. Why must one feel compelled to inform them. I mean if it is legal why not do it? What they do not know will not hurt them.

Could have worded the question better, its not a yes or no answer.

What is wrong with dating lots of women at a time?

Yes its fine.
Yes there is nothing wrong with it.
No its fine.
No there is nothing wrong with it.
Reply 61
Yes but surely if you are following the law. Then the rest is optional? After all it is just one persons opinion from another?

It is legal but it makes you a total dickhead.
Reply 62
Here you are mistaken. You are welcome to decide your own actions so long as they adhere to the law. However, you are not welcome to decide others actions unless they break the law.

I don't know why you are sooo obsessed with the law. I am not saying that you should go to jail or something :biggrin: Actually I don't even care about people like you, as long as I do not come across one to be my boyfriend. This is what I am talking about. You are free to do anything you want. Your gf has the right to break up with you if she finds out about your cheating. It is perfectly fine. But upsetting someone deliberately makes you nothing but a wicked/mean person. If you are fine with it, don't worry. Being mean is not against the law :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by aeniel
I don't know why you are sooo obsessed with the law. I am not saying that you should go to jail or something :biggrin: Actually I don't even care about people like you, as long as I do not come across one to be my boyfriend. This is what I am talking about. You are free to do anything you want. Your gf has the right to break up with you if she finds out about your cheating. It is perfectly fine. But upsetting someone deliberately makes you nothing but a wicked/mean person. If you are fine with it, don't worry. Being mean is not against the law :smile:

Ok, thank you. Emphasis upon the "if".
Why is it wrong? Surely it is just an alternative approach? What makes it wrong?

Humans have these things called morals, which most humans comply with. The notion of something being morally wrong is partly what defines a higher being, it's what makes human human.

It's morally wrong because it's deceitful an unfaithful and goes against the other partners' wishes. It's selfish and shows a weakness of character.

If you are trying to be smart by asking these questions, you aren't. If you genuinely don't understand the concept of why it is wrong, take a look into antisocial personality disorder.
Original post by TolerantBeing
Humans have these things called morals, which most humans comply with. The notion of something being morally wrong is partly what defines a higher being, it's what makes human human.

It's morally wrong because it's deceitful an unfaithful and goes against the other partners' wishes. It's selfish and shows a weakness of character.

If you are trying to be smart by asking these questions, you aren't. If you genuinely don't understand the concept of why it is wrong, take a look into antisocial personality disorder.

Morals are subjective.
Reply 66

Morals are subjective.
Morals are subjective.

Expand.
Reply 68
Expand.

Indeed. The individual has rights to do whatever they legally desire. No one is likely to find out about this and so no damage shall be dealt.
Nothing, if they're fine with the arrangement. Many people prefer to be monogamous and in a decent relationship it's only respectful to let someone know if you're exclusive or not. It's about decency.
You keep insulting people because they don't condone your selfish behaviour, and why should we?. The root of your argument is 'I'm happy, so its' ok to trample on everyone else to facilitate my happiness'. If we all lived at the expense of others, where do you think we would all end up?
Simple explanation...

Only women can do this, otherwise it's sexist or something.
Reply 72
OP have you heard of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience

I think it's what's missing with your case.
Original post by ThatGirl276
You keep insulting people because they don't condone your selfish behaviour, and why should we?. The root of your argument is 'I'm happy, so its' ok to trample on everyone else to facilitate my happiness'. If we all lived at the expense of others, where do you think we would all end up?

Not at all I find the situation amusing to be honest. Most people are fairly selfish, whereas what I am doing in not at all. Instead it is pleasing the most people.
Reply 74
Original post by ThatGirl276

Not at all. It is most amusing. Most people are fairly selfish whereas my actions are not. Instead the please the most people.
Reply 75
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Simple explanation...

Only women can do this, otherwise it's sexist or something.

I think you may be right.
Reply 76
Original post by marinaim
But you are not giving her the freedom of choice. Choice comes with knowledge and you're denying her that.
All it comes down to is you do not respect women imo - as I said there is NO reason to enter an exclusive relationship fraudulently even though you can achieve what you want with casual relationships.

No it is not about that. It is simply about pursuing one's freedom. It is not about a lack of respect at all.
Surely it is freedom of choice whether or not to tell them?. Different strokes for different folks.

Original post by Anonymous
Surely it is freedom of choice whether or not to tell them?. Different strokes for different folks.

Better question, why is the OP posting under two different names? :s-smilie:
Reply 78
Original post by awe
OP have you heard of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience

I think it's what's missing with your case.

No, I donate money to charity. I work hard and I am a productive member of society. It is simply about freedom and the desire to enjoy it. Bitterness is unhealthy.
Reply 79
Original post by Peachykeen09
Better question, why is the OP posting under two different names? :s-smilie:

That was purely by accident. It marks "post anonymously" as automatic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending