The Student Room Group

Gorvernment Operational Research Service (GORS) Mainstream problem structuring test

Hi

I have an assessment for the GORS mainstream and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the problem structuring test (PST) which is part of the assessment? I don't know what it will involve so am unsure how to prepare. If anyone has any experience of the assessment or knows anyone that does I would really appreciate some help! Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Any luck finding any info on this?
Reply 3
Hi!

I have the same assessment for the GORS next week so I was wondering if you could give me some information about what to expect. I would honestly appreciate any help! Thanks
Reply 4
Hey guys, how did the assessment/structuring test go? Are you able to shed any light as to what it entails and how to best prepare for it? :biggrin:
Resuscitating this thread - any advice for the PST? I'll have mine in a week!
Reply 6
Did you manage to find out any information? I have mine this week! Any advice would be much appreciated
Original post by subaverage
Resuscitating this thread - any advice for the PST? I'll have mine in a week!
Reply 7
I was under the impression it was an off the cuff presentation and then an interview? Anyways how did it go!? I have mine next week!
It is an exercise where you are given 3 policy based problems/questions, 1 of which you select to -'approach'. It takes place in an empty room where No materials, other than for scribing, are permitted in the room. You are asked to provide an approach to solving the problem: considering data requirements/limitations, stakeholders etc, appropriate analytical techniques. You then consult your notes while giving a 5 minute oral 'sort of' presentation:answering interviewer questions about it..... Then on with the rest of the competency based panel interview (anonymous gors employee - successful 2018)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending