The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunny_Smiles
I was talking more about these things:

ROFL, sorry couldn't pay much attention to her thighs, she has the serious face that says she's superman. Like someone could Photoshop a cape on her. :colone:
Original post by elpistolero7
Its a bit of a turn off if anything. Tends to be really really thin girls who I normally don't find attractive.

Seems such a trivial thing. Like who the heck cares about a thigh gap :redface:

No. It's girls with larger hips that tend to have them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILovePancakes
Well then that's embarrassing.. Clearly I've lost my Spanish.. I'll go find my mother now.

It's a shame because its actually my first language, but as time has gone by it's deteriorated somewhat. I'm spending a couple of months in Colombia next year though - hopefully I'll pick it up again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully you do :tongue:
I'll just be here...imagining your fine rear ... Not srs XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Binary Freak
ROFL, sorry couldn't pay much attention to her thighs, she has the serious face that says she's superman. Like someone could Photoshop a cape on her. :colone:

her thighs make it look like her heels might snap at any moment, it's just a funny thing that she happens to be standing in front of a pool :lol:
Original post by ILovePancakes
No. It's girls with larger hips that tend to have them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen them on girls with not so large hips more often though :confused:
Original post by KairosEden
Hopefully you do :tongue:
I'll just be here...imagining your fine rear ... Not srs XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww you made me smile :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1398123093.458938.jpg all that needs to be said. Amen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Speak for yourself, i like a big thigh on my birds. No point in having a KFC if there's hardly any meat on it...

Ha nice try lad
Original post by labridge_
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1398123093.458938.jpg all that needs to be said. Amen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If a girl has a gap between her thighs I would be a little put off in all honesty.
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
her thighs make it look like her heels might snap at any moment, it's just a funny thing that she happens to be standing in front of a pool :lol:

:rofl:
cutcaster-photo-100394020-Cheers-two-glasses-clinked-together.jpg
It doesn't matter if you have a thigh gap or not. It doesn't generally affect the overall appearance of the legs. I do squats and have thick thighs, but also a thigh gap - sure every extremely skinny girl will have one, but every girl with a thigh gap isn't extremely skinny. I think it must be related to foward/backward pelvic tilt, as the gap is accentuated by tilting backward (butt out) and closed by pushing forward. I don't have particularly wide hips or particularly nice or unpleasant legs. There's no need to extol thigh gaps, but no need to be bitchy about them either. Please.
I personally prefer girls with a thigh gap
Reply 73
Original post by digbee
Wow thats a very insightful article, to think that perhaps some women would go to the extreme to achieve this look. I thought it was something that would be achievable through exercise and diet but obviously this is not the case in many situations and can lead to extremely negative consequences, I have changed my opinion on them now to be honest!

Anecdote: I had one once. I was also in hospital with anorexia at the time.

Believe me, for most people, it's impossible to have one without becoming severely underweight. It's to do with bone structure and a person's natural build.

Another anecdote: guys don't care. (Not that "what guys think" should be the deciding factor on how you feel about yourself, bla bla, but seriously, guys don't care.)

The "thigh gap", along with a bunch of other things, is just a media-driven insecurity-paranoia thing. Ignore it. The hype will pass. It'll be something else in a year or two.
Reply 74
Original post by labridge_

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the weirdest science I've ever seen.

Also untrue. I appreciate the sentiment, but...
Tbh, its whether you look good with a thigh gap or not...

sounds weird but If you're a girl who is slim then by all means, thigh gap!..as long as you dont look too skinny
If you,re a girl who is attractive through curvyness then no thigh gap

In my opinion, I like either, depends on what kind of look you have.
Reply 76
I personally like a thigh gap but it isn't a bad thing if you don't have it. I dislike big thighs though.
Girls look better without one. I have no idea why anybody would intentionally try and achieve this. Most guys don't give a **** and it looks worse, really.
Original post by digbee
I am interested to find out the real opinion on girls with a thigh gap. Do you like this? I do not have one but I feel like I should and I would like one. My boyfriend tells me that he likes me as I am which is great for me but I am interested in the overall opinion. And females how do you feel about having one or not having one? Do you share the same view as me?

The thigh gap trend seems to have been dictated by the media, in the edited pictures which are presented in women's magazines and the like.
I feel such pictures are a huge problem, they distort self-image more than we really acknowledge.
If I remember correctly, a psych study showed that women in a country without these images were much happier with their bodies than those in a country with them (who were dissatisfied for the most part).
Reply 79
Yes it does. I like big firm thighs with no thigh gap.

Original post by Holby_fanatic
No one cares about thighs, only what's between them.
Well if there's a penis between them, then yes I do care.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending