The Student Room Group

Anyone think they'll never get a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't think I deserve a girlfriend. I used to think I did as I had something to offer and as I've said before my ex ( well she pretty much was we saw each other on and off for 5 years ) was seriously a 10/10 look wise and now I couldn't even get an ugly girl probably not that I want one like that. I have a fear of dating and I do avoid dating completely unless it was under the right circumstances. Basically if we got on in person in a natural setting such as work and she asked me on a date I'd go. If I met the girl via online dating or I met on a nightout whilst drunk I wouldnt
Reply 61
I'm only 16, but I know I won't ever 'get lucky' because I got unlucky first. Some girl and her friends claimed I sexually assaulted them at different points. Their reason was that I didn't want to go on a date and pretend to be one of the group's boyfriend to fill the numbers.

They all owned up eventually, but after 3 months accused with only my word against theirs, nobody would look my way twice. People make up their own minds, and that means I'm screwed (or, ironically, not).
I'm 20 and haven't even been on a date let alone have a girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be 25 when I start Uni and never even had a first kiss. Beat that haha.
Reply 64
I think for the ladies who are seeking relationships lack of experience won't really hurt them too much, let's be honest men are typically supposed to do the approaching although some women also do. However you guys who leave this interaction late make it a bit hard for yourselves, it's not an impossibility though you just need to get out there and talk to women you do not always have to chat them up, the more you talk the more confident you will get around women. Also seen as there are inexperienced women as well you might happen to meet one, just get out there and socialize.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Certainly can, I'm the same, but 27, coming 28.

There's a lot of teens on here downbeat about their possible love life, but I suppose you get to my age its start becoming a reality.
Reply 66
Original post by Lawrenc spa
I'm 24 used to have a lot of confidence and used to date the hottest girl at school ( seriously ) but when things didn't work out I lost a lot of my confidence. I'm too scared to even date a girl and have had sex only once in the past 3 years. The fact that I can't go on dates anymore is one of the main reasons I think I'll live the rest of my life alone. Anyone else feel like this? How old are you and why don't you think you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend?

I am 20 and Female, but I have given up on Mankind.
Original post by I love shopping
I'm 23. While I've been in 2 relationships before, it turned out neither of the guys actually liked me. They were just with me because they didn't want to be single and were waiting for someone better. I don't think I'll ever get a boyfriend again, because obviously guys just don't seem to like me in that way :frown:

:hugs:
Original post by Dee Leigh
:hugs:

fairplay

I really disagree with that gurl tho

she just needs to see the light.
Reply 69

I never had my first kiss until a month after my 26th birthday. Five months later, I've made out with seven, slept with two and had two f*** buddy offers, one which I had to turn down in the end. A lot of those I enjoyed multiple nights with, but I've got lucky every night out over the last three months.

Probabilities:

1. Your standards are too high
2. You're looking for something you're not capable of achieving because you have no experience of the simple stuff like kissing
3. You don't go out enough
4. Because of all the above, you put the whole idea of physical intimacy and relationships on a pedestal which makes your behaviour around the opposite sex less than cool.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
I may never have a girlfriend, partly because I have some social issues. My personality isn't that popular on a man and I am somewhat misanthropic lol
I think I'm somewhat good looking though, in my own way..
Original post by spiral87
I never had my first kiss until a month after my 26th birthday. Five months later, I've made out with seven, slept with two and had two f*** buddy offers, one which I had to turn down in the end. A lot of those I enjoyed multiple nights with, but I've got lucky every night out over the last three months.

Probabilities:

1. Your standards are too high
2. You're looking for something you're not capable of achieving because you have no experience of the simple stuff like kissing
3. You don't go out enough
4. Because of all the above, you put the whole idea of physical intimacy and relationships on a pedestal which makes your behaviour around the opposite sex less than cool.

Answer number 3 with the addition of no social life, lack of self esteem, confidence and friends.
I've never had a girlfriend, and I'm into my 20's now, kind of sad when I think about it :frown:

Worse thing is I know why I'm still single, afraid of rejection, I simply can't walk up to a stranger, get talking and then ask for their number, even if I think we are getting on well.

Example, the other day I met a girl, at the hospital of all places, she had a great personality, was a very pretty redhead, we were speaking for a few minutes before she had to get back to work, but I just couldn't bring myself to ask for her number, just because I kind of knew she had a bf, even though she never said anything that implied she had one, she was just too nice and pretty to be single. But I'll probably never see her again to ask for her number :frown:
Original post by Lawrenc spa
I'm 24 used to have a lot of confidence and used to date the hottest girl at school ( seriously ) but when things didn't work out I lost a lot of my confidence. I'm too scared to even date a girl and have had sex only once in the past 3 years. The fact that I can't go on dates anymore is one of the main reasons I think I'll live the rest of my life alone. Anyone else feel like this? How old are you and why don't you think you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend?

I used to think like this 3 and a half-4 years ago. Ironically, it was almost the same day I accepted that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon that I met the first Mrs M. The break up from that was quite nasty and left me really doubting whether I could attract anybody again and whether I was ready for serious relationships.

Then, under very similar circumstances, I meet the current Mrs M just when I accept there's nothing on the cards for the foreseeable, and I see these as no coincidence. It is when you stop consciously thinking about getting a girlfriend or about trying to impress women that things fall into place and you behave more like yourself. The best relationships come about when the attraction is natural and not forced.
I have never though that I would actually share this with someone.

I am an attractive girl, 19, and have too many guys around trying to be with me. I just cannot see myself in a relationship and feel inefficient thinking that guys who like me will be bored of me in a few days as there are always better girls outside. I have had the chance so many times and I screwed all of them up. Did not even reply the people I liked a lot who insisted to have something with me. I fear that I will always stay this way as it has been going on for years.

All my friends think that I am a non-virgin and an experienced girl when they see people around trying to hang out with me. And in February, I was incredibly annoyed by myself that for the first time, I let a stranger kiss me. In a night club. And it included tongues, as well as some touches. Nothing romantic for a first kiss (drinks also kind of pushed me into it). I regret it as hell.

Why do I fear even telling my friends about this? Why are we living in such a stupid society that because of my fears I felt like I had to finally kiss someone, even a stranger?

Thank you for sharing guys, all of you. When I read the posts, I felt understood for the first time. We are actually all together when we think we are alone.
Reply 75
Answer number 3 with the addition of no social life, lack of self esteem, confidence and friends.

You can't run before you can walk...If you can't make friends, how can you get a girlfriend? If you can't get a kiss, how can you get sex? It won't happen.

People have to get the idea of perfect relationships and perfect encounters and the perfect first kiss out of their heads if they want to enjoy life.
I'm 23. While I've been in 2 relationships before, it turned out neither of the guys actually liked me. They were just with me because they didn't want to be single and were waiting for someone better. I don't think I'll ever get a boyfriend again, because obviously guys just don't seem to like me in that way :frown:

With a name like that, I'm not surprised.
Original post by ModernScholar
With a name like that, I'm not surprised.

Yes, I'm sure that's the sole reason :rolleyes:
Yes, I'm sure that's the sole reason :rolleyes:

It would be the sole reason if you were out buying shoes!
Original post by spiral87
You can't run before you can walk...If you can't make friends, how can you get a girlfriend? If you can't get a kiss, how can you get sex? It won't happen.

People have to get the idea of perfect relationships and perfect encounters and the perfect first kiss out of their heads if they want to enjoy life.

It doesn't depress me or anything like that. I'm not letting it bother me because I know when I start Uni it will all change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending