The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Specification help? Confused about what I need to learn!

We've done so much more in our booklets at school than is in the specification? For example, in Biology we've been taught how to use the 'Punnett squares' for inheritance in the Cell Division and Inheritance (2.7) topic, yet this isn't in the specification at all for 2014 onwards - does this mean constructing one/reading from one won't be in the exam? There is a lot more information in my booklets/notes at school than whats in the specification..so I'm not sure if its worth learning all of this or I really don't need to know it?
Reply 1
Original post by sophiear98
We've done so much more in our booklets at school than is in the specification? For example, in Biology we've been taught how to use the 'Punnett squares' for inheritance in the Cell Division and Inheritance (2.7) topic, yet this isn't in the specification at all for 2014 onwards - does this mean constructing one/reading from one won't be in the exam? There is a lot more information in my booklets/notes at school than whats in the specification..so I'm not sure if its worth learning all of this or I really don't need to know it?

Are you referring to AQA Additional Science B2? If so you should learn everything on http://www.my-gcsescience.com/additional/ as it is likely to all come up. The specification doesn't really tell you what will come up it is a just a suggestion for teachers. Most times the subjects mentioned don't come up, and some that do come up aren't mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest