The Student Room Group

Ribs and stomach both stick out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by spleenharvester
Difficult to tell from the pic but it looks like you have what I have - it's called flared rib.
Ah - just searched it and you might be right! Is there any health risk to this? It seems to be related to a condition that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
Original post by yellobitch
Some of these replies sound a bit insensitive to me :redface:. Anyway I thought it looks like malnutrition. My brother used to have it when he was younger. He was really skinny but had quite a belly xD. I think he just began to eat more healthily and more of a balanced diet but I'm not sure about the rib thing bc it looks normal to me :redface:. Good luck though! Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope its not that - but I would imagine there would probably be other more severe symptoms? Did you brother have anything else wrong with him which diagnosed him? edit: Should I post in the health forum? This kind of stuff isn't really related to fitness.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by anonano
Ah - just searched it and you might be right! Is there any health risk to this? It seems to be related to a condition that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Not as far as I know, I didn't even know I had it until my doctor mentioned I had "odd shaped ribs" following a check up for another problem I was having - if there was a problem I'm guessing he would have said :tongue:

I have it in conjunction with pectus excavatum. Aside from the cosmetic issues, the only problem I've encountered is constant pain around it and stretch marks around my back where my skin has stretched. If you don't get those you'll probably be fine :tongue:

http://www.pectusinfo.com/board/viewthread.php?tid=6221 far as I know there's no surgery for it apart from having the rib removed, but the guy in that thread managed to fix it up real nice by working out. I'm going to try that and if it bothers you you may wish to try it also. :smile:
Original post by anonano
Ah - I hope its not that - but I would imagine there would probably be other more severe symptoms? Did you brother have anything else wrong with him which diagnosed him? edit: Should I post in the health forum? This kind of stuff isn't really related to fitness.

No he didn't. It just seemed to go away after some time of eating a more balanced diet.. That's probably a better idea or you could go to a doctor?
You're skinny fat and you have bad posture. Have you ever touched a weight in your life?

Quick Reply

Latest