The Student Room Group

Confused about my feelings.

I was met up with my friend and his brother during half term and it was nice, I felt butterflies and a warm feeling inside so I decided I was going to talk myself out of the feelings I were developing because I was in a weird situation with my then boyfriend. He started coming into my lessons and I realised I definitely didn't have feelings for him but we would flirt and we started texting. We pretty much spoke from Friday-Tuesday and then we stopped and I started to miss him and really wanted to text but felt like I couldn't. Anyway so we've met up since and he's admitted he has feelings for me and is willing to wait for me to sort my head out (me and my ex haven't been broken up that long) so we can be together. We met up today and it was great, he stroked my hand with his (on purpose or by accident I'm not sure) and all I wanted him to do was to hold my hand, I dropped as many hints as possible but he didn't do it. I'm confused about how I feel about him but the problem is I still love my ex. Is the love for my ex covering up the feelings I have for my friends brother or do you think I just don't have feelings for him at all?
Reply 1
Can someone give me advice please?
Did you break up your ex for him? If you did then you know your answer. If you left your ex for another reason i.e cheating,not working etc then give it sometime cos everyone deserves better than a rebound relationship.
Hope it all works out for you :wink:
Firstly, please dont use the word "love" you are a teenager, this is infatuation (puppy-love) not real love. Secondly, How are we supposed to know whether you are in love or not? Only you can know about your own feelings, don't ask others to analyse them.
Reply 4
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
Firstly, please dont use the word "love" you are a teenager, this is infatuation (puppy-love) not real love. Secondly, How are we supposed to know whether you are in love or not? Only you can know about your own feelings, don't ask others to analyse them.

First of all no longer a teenager. I've been infatuated and I know this is not it. I'm not expecting you to know how I feel I just want your opinions on what I should do.

Original post by mayamiller
Did you break up your ex for him? If you did then you know your answer. If you left your ex for another reason i.e cheating,not working etc then give it sometime cos everyone deserves better than a rebound relationship.
Hope it all works out for you :wink:

We kinda agreed to break up but I couldn't go through with it so it changed to a break where he found someone else. The friends brother said he'd be willing to wait but I don't want that for him. Thank you for your advice. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
First of all no longer a teenager. I've been infatuated and I know this is not it. I'm not expecting you to know how I feel I just want your opinions on what I should do.

We kinda agreed to break up but I couldn't go through with it so it changed to a break where he found someone else. The friends brother said he'd be willing to wait but I don't want that for him. Thank you for your advice. :smile:

Okay my opinion: You should go for the one you love and only you can know who that is.
Reply 6
Wait it out. You're distracting yourself with this friend's brother right now and you still seem to be in love with your ex.

Everyone likes the attention, but don't hurt the poor boy... I got into a relationship where he was still in love with his ex. Was not pretty I tell you.

Are you sure you wanting to hold his hands was a sign that you want physical (and possibly emotional) intimacy with someone else like you were used to with your ex. I don't think you know what you want, so wait it out and see. It's early days and do you reallly want to be in a relationship right when you are not emotionaly stable and not sure what you want?
Reply 7
Original post by HiBear
Wait it out. You're distracting yourself with this friend's brother right now and you still seem to be in love with your ex.

Everyone likes the attention, but don't hurt the poor boy... I got into a relationship where he was still in love with his ex. Was not pretty I tell you.

Are you sure you wanting to hold his hands was a sign that you want physical (and possibly emotional) intimacy with someone else like you were used to with your ex. I don't think you know what you want, so wait it out and see. It's early days and do you reallly want to be in a relationship right when you are not emotionaly stable and not sure what you want?

I definitely still do love him but I believe I always will because he was my first love. I've been honest with him and told him I don't know how I feel about him (he knows everything that's happened) I don't know honestly about the whole hand holding and kissing thing it's really confused me. I agree with you I have no idea what I want (apart from being with my ex) I guess not I just miss it honestly.
Focus on your exams
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I definitely still do love him but I believe I always will because he was my first love. I've been honest with him and told him I don't know how I feel about him (he knows everything that's happened) I don't know honestly about the whole hand holding and kissing thing it's really confused me. I agree with you I have no idea what I want (apart from being with my ex) I guess not I just miss it honestly.

Apparently that feeling passes. I'm still recovering from my recent break up and I do understand where your feelings are coming from. Had a bit of a similar incident with a guy, which ended up a bit strange and weird. If you'd like to talk though PM me :h:
Original post by HiBear
Apparently that feeling passes. I'm still recovering from my recent break up and I do understand where your feelings are coming from. Had a bit of a similar incident with a guy, which ended up a bit strange and weird. If you'd like to talk though PM me :h:

Yeah I thought so, I had accepted we weren't together or going to be back together and then on Friday everything went down hill and I wanted to be with him so bad. Thank you, I might have to take you up on that offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending