The Student Room Group

The Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT)

Has anyone taken this? Any thoughts? Is it worth it and how difficult is it?

http://about.bloomberginstitute.com/students/
Hey, hope I'm not too late and that this reply is still relevant. I would like to share my thoughts on the BAT as I am a Student Ambassador for it.

The test itself comprises of 100 questions, parted into 8 sections where you are given 2 hours to complete the test either via e-proctoring or on campus (your university may or may not be offering this). If they are not, you can always opt to take the test at one of your nearest Bloomberg offices. In the UK I am aware that the test is free to take, however this varies from country to country. The topics are Global Markets; Chart and Graph Analysis; Investment Banking; Financial Statement Analysis; Analytical Reasoning; News Analysis; Economics & Mathematics. But do not let this intimidate you, as recruiters are well aware you may be good at one topic but weaker in other topics therefore can view your scores overall and per section. To sum up the BAT in a sentence, it's a fantastic way to open up to new opportunities that may come your way and allow recruiters to seek you making applications less tedious and better suited to your skills and abilities!

After taking the BAT, you can choose to enter your profile into the Bloomberg Institute Talent Search - a tool that employers are using to find top new talent for financial employment opportunities. The Talent Search allows employers to view BAT results on an anonymous basis and send connection requests to students that may be a match for their roles. Being included in the Talent Search allows you to gain access to great career opportunities with absolutely no downside.

If you score poorly you are under no obligation to submit your result, but if you score well your details are added into the system where all of the top firms go to recruit.

It's free to take and apart from looking over a few sample questions there is no prior study required as it is a test of aptitude not knowledge, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking it!
Reply 2
I notice the test can be taken at a university in my city but not at my university. Would I end up taking it at the other one in my city.

Looks interesting and I love Bloomberg, watch it often.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending