The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language 2014 .

For question 5 of the OCR exam, there always seems to be a personal question type of thing, such as: Write about a time when you needed help, write about a time something did not go as planned, write about a time you were confused/scared, write about a celebration you attended that turned out better than you thought, or write about something you protested strongly about.

I've been thinking about learning an answer that fits most questions they could ask that are similar to these, in the hope that I can just write it out in the exam from memory if I'm lucky enough for the right question.

I have already thought of one or two ideas, but I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what to write that would be better? (It doesn't have to be true, just reasonable/kind of believable).
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I am wondering the same thing, there is always a choice of either one of the other, but differently to you I think I will do the opposite question...

I have seen questions like 'Is it important to fly?' or 'Do you think the welfare of animals is important?' and in my opinion there is so so much to say about these type of questions. You can explore the answer and write all sorts so for example for the flying question you could do about 4 big paragraphs about flying in different respects: the importance of flying in a plane, the importance of 'high-flying' in life (so in school or in a job), you could explore why humans don't have wings? And as for the welfare of animals type question, you could refer to all sorts of different species and give different sides of an argument, so for example: the welfare of animals if important because they are used in different cultures, they are also vital in the production of food, playing an important role in the food chain, however you could also contrast this in saying that perhaps humans should stop focusing so much on the welfare of animals and start thinking about our own species, the diseases and topical issues that surround us and we're too busy worrying about the ways in which animals are being slaughtered and used in devastating ways to even sort our own problems out first...

I know that may all sound quite confusing, but when you get the choice between the questions, really think about it before you write - that's what I'm going to try and do anyway...and although there isn't long to write it, if you have a good, solid concept that brings something to the table and proves that you are aware of topical issues surrounding us at the moment, the examiner may look at our pieces of written work and mark us highly based also on the concept as well as the content which you can work on in the hour or so we are given.

I think this OCR language paper is dreadful, and I'm really not looking forward to it...but anyone else has any tips, please help! :smile:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending