The Student Room Group

F1 2013 TSR Racing League Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikejohnno
I went two tenths up in he first sector but then I always mess up in the second and third. This is not easy lol

I found a preowned copy for £16 in cex today.

Be prepared to watch me lap two seconds slower...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went two tenths up in he first sector but then I always mess up in the second and third. This is not easy lol

:lol:

I'm sure that I'm losing loads of time at turn 3, maybe turn 6 too. It's kinda demoralising when I see I'm still a good 2 seconds off the pace of the boys at the top of the leaderboards!
Reply 22
Original post by Motorbiker

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just wondering what the preowned price was. I'm tempted now, but didn't really want to put any more money into an old system...
My name is spelt wrong on the leader board. :sad:
Original post by Silver Arrows

Care to join us?
Original post by mikeyd85
Care to join us?

Ah, sounds interesting but I don't have the game. I crossed over to the next generation :frown:
Original post by Silver Arrows
Ah, sounds interesting but I don't have the game. I crossed over to the next generation :frown:

That's a shame. I think you'd have been a really tough man to beat.
Would have been good if we could also get a competition going for GT5/GT6 lap times, but not using F1 cars :lol:
Reply 28
Original post by James A
Would have been good if we could also get a competition going for GT5/GT6 lap times, but not using F1 cars :lol:

Maybe we need a general thread for racing games where lap time challenges are set?
Original post by dhr90
Maybe we need a general thread for racing games where lap time challenges are set?

good idea, I might start one up and then just include a link in the OP to this thread and others that can be made?
Reply 30
Original post by mikeyd85
My name is spelt wrong on the leader board. :sad:

Fixed. I managed a 1:21.5-- when I cut the first corner by a millimetre and put in a perfect rest lap so I cou;d gain time if I didn't keep cutting corners. Australia is so horrible for cutting corners, I absolutely hate it. I managed to put in a decent lap and get up to 1:22.135 though lol

Original post by James A

Agreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hooray!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by James A
good idea, I might start one up and then just include a link in the OP to this thread and others that can be made?

Maybe see if any others appear who are also interested?

Could have the winner of each round nominate the next car/track/power/weight etc (for games with those options anyway).
Australia is so horrible for cutting corners

QFT. Inside of T2 is really harsh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Original post by dhr90
I was just wondering what the preowned price was. I'm tempted now, but didn't really want to put any more money into an old system...

Tbh if it starts at £16 it's not got far down in price to go if you want to sell it back in future...
I reckon it's well worth it. If we can do a full championship on here i may be able to chat with the community team about prizes...

Original post by James A

What's wrong with F1 cars? I reckon getting 1 competition with everyone is is better than 3 different ones each with 2 people. This game is available on all consoles and relatively cheap(£16 to buy pre-owned).

Hooray!

Went to see if it was cheaper in GAME etc and forgot to buy it as walked a different way home not past CEx. Will go get it tomorrow.

Original post by dhr90
Maybe see if any others appear who are also interested?

Could have the winner of each round nominate the next car/track/power/weight etc (for games with those options anyway).

With this one we could follow the chmapionship order? Then we know it's 19 rounds so can work out who we're battling with overall.
Tbh if it starts at £16 it's not got far down in price to go if you want to sell it back in future...
I reckon it's well worth it. If we can do a full championship on here i may be able to chat with the community team about prizes...

What's wrong with F1 cars? I reckon getting 1 competition with everyone is is better than 3 different ones each with 2 people. This game is available on all consoles and relatively cheap(£16 to buy pre-owned).

Went to see if it was cheaper in GAME etc and forgot to buy it as walked a different way home not past CEx. Will go get it tomorrow.

With this one we could follow the chmapionship order? Then we know it's 19 rounds so can work out who we're battling with overall.

Hmm fair enough, me personally, I don't think that playing with f1 cars is more exciting. Everything happens too fast and with the cars in gt5/6 you can control them alot better, I'm probably the only one who thinks this way

If the game is cheap preowned then I might grab a copy
And also the steering aint easy on a pad :hmmm:
Original post by James A
Hmm fair enough, me personally, I don't think that playing with f1 cars is more exciting. Everything happens too fast and with the cars in gt5/6 you can control them alot better, I'm probably the only one who thinks this way

If the game is cheap preowned then I might grab a copy

I do know what you mean. Sometimes it's fun using slow vehicles as well.

It was £16 in Cex today when i had a look. And after we have the championship you can probably sell it back for half that at least.
Original post by James A

It isn't, but that's not to say that, at least in a championship season with actual races, it is not competitive.

For me though, this is not a problem. :colone:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply 38
Original post by James A

If I practice enough I can get very very accurate with a pad lol.

A lot like a keyboard. Takes a while but you get used to it.
I'll be using a pad as sold my wheel to my brother two years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest