The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you have the week of boring welcome lectures from the 25th, freshers starts on the 24th, but you can move in from the 18th.

you can have whatever wellies you want, lots of my friends have the jazzy ones.

i aggree with kat_r, joiin a sports club! i didnt last year until half way through the year, and really wished i had done! so im joining rugby this year! oh dear, initiation will be hell!!
Reply 61
Wow I loved the SUS booklet, and am definitely joining the rugby team, even though all I can do is run, at least I'll have medically trained people to sort out my injuries!! :smile: !! I take it the deadline on the shop thing isn't strict seeing as we only got the info today and the deadline is also today? I like the sound of the Black tie river boat party, although with lots of alcohol the thames seems frighteningly close!

Got a question about college grove, can I pick up my keys in the day time and then move in during evening? My dad's the only one who can drive and doesn't get home til six on a weekday so I have no chance of getting there between ten and three, but could I go and pick up keys and move in at like 7/8 o'clock?

It's soooo exciting, can't wait!
Reply 62
Argh! I've just spent an obscene amount of money ordering my stuff from the shop! :eek:
Reply 63
Lol, I know how you feel!!! My mother objected to paying for freshers week! and also wants to know if I'll look like a milkmaid in the parlour suit, which made her giggle enough to pay for it all! woot!
you can pick up your key, i think you can pick them up then, but it might be after 9, not too sure, ring them! do u no what flat your in?

If anyone is in flats 5 or 11 in college grove, plz let me know!!

i really want to go to the black tie boat thing, so much fun last year, and lots and lots of drink!!
So has everyone got their welcome packs now?

Hmm... Might be time to ring the RVC..again.. :rolleyes:
I haven't got mine !!!!!!
But perhaps that's coz I live in France.. it might take a few more days..
Reply 67
i got a place in mb, but its with second yr students, so u better b nice to me!!!!! not sure which flat it is yet.
Reply 68
hey i was thinkin about buyin millers dissection of the dog just wonderin what edition to buy cuz theres about 6 or does it not make a dif???its also out of print or somethin so does anyone no where else to get it as no bookshops have it?
mawi99102
i got a place in mb, but its with second yr students, so u better b nice to me!!!!! not sure which flat it is yet.

oo, i wonder who your with!! i think our flat is full, there are 5 of us, and only 1 is resitting, and weve been told wer living with 2 vet scis. the other flat i know is a 6 bed and thats full of 2nd years too, but theres a flat across from mine which has second years and im not sure if its full so u might be in there. im getting far too excited about going back to uni! bring on 23rd!!
lil Angel
hey i was thinkin about buyin millers dissection of the dog just wonderin what edition to buy cuz theres about 6 or does it not make a dif???its also out of print or somethin so does anyone no where else to get it as no bookshops have it?

i would really wait till you get that, you dont do dissections till 2nd term, but it is a useful book, not one of the recomended ones by stephen frean, but me and my friends found it useful for giving each other anatomy quizes. if you really want to get one, go for as late an edition as you can, coz its usually more up to date. try amazon, they are usually good for vet books, and quick delivary too.
Reply 71
ill let u know what flat im in, ill prob move in on 23rd or 22nd. can i ask now, do we have to get all that lab coats n stuff now, or cant we wait til we get there?
you will need boiler suit and wellies in the first week and they wont let you onto the farm without them (strange ppl!) and you will need a lab coat for histology intro, think thats the 2nd week. best to order them now really, you can pick up a few things at freshers fayre, i did last year, but i wouldnt rely on that really.
Reply 73
pants, well better start ordering then!!!
Reply 74
not ordering pants obviously, that was an expression
ooo, im getting very excited for going back now! bring on second year!! :biggrin:
It's so exciting, one thing though I only got my welcome pack on Friday (1st September) and the deadline for ordering stuff through SUS was the 1st! Will this matter, I put a nice little note of apology on my form lol. I actually cannot wait for Freshers!! Didn't know you had to pay for it though...I really do live in my own little world in which all nice things are free haha. Which pub is the meet and greet in? And how is everyone getting to college in the morning?
the meet and greet is in The Goose, a really nice pub which has cheap drinks!! its in bloomsbury, about a 20 min walk from college, 40 min walk from kentish town (mary branker). im really looking forward to that night, i met loads of older years that night, and they really do just want to look after you! even if your mummies and daddies dont want to bother with you (like mine didnt last year!). but you meet lots of people from your year, and 2nd year too, and you meet your tutor group that night, which if your lucky like me and hullchic, you get a great one (just with the odd exception! hehe!).
Reply 78
how much are drinks by the way? like a pint of cider (my grandparents own an apple farm so naturally thats my favourite!!!)?
Hey,
Just wondering when and what enrolment is?!
I've read through the online Welcome Pack (haven't received mine yet:mad: ) and have seen that I have to prove I've got a tuition fee loan on enrolment day... Seeing as Camden LEA is making things difficult (isn't sure about my "status") and takes ages to answer, I don't think I'll have that sorted for the 25th...:frown: ok just had to vent my anger..
so anyone know the date?

helen x

Latest

Trending

Trending