The Student Room Group

Kettering University vs Lawrence Tech University

Hey!

I am applying to Graduate schools in the Usa in Automotive Engineering. I have shortlisted a few universities but unsure of which among Kettering university and Lawrence Technological University is better. Any one out there able to help? mainly looking into the research and job prospects that I could get after completing the degree. which has the better recognition and the industrial partnerships. Is there anyone who could help out on this? Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Varun K Bhaskaran.
Reply 1
I am not an engineer and don't know much about US Techs. What even I know is that Kettering's heritage in Automotive Engineering and its affiliation to GM with sponsored research & development and hiring. Plenty of GM's senior brass attended Kettering, among them GM CEO Mary Barra. people call it GM Uni.
Original post by Tcannon
I am not an engineer and don't know much about US Techs. What even I know is that Kettering's heritage in Automotive Engineering and its affiliation to GM with sponsored research & development and hiring. Plenty of GM's senior brass attended Kettering, among them GM CEO Mary Barra. people call it GM Uni.

Thanks a lot for your response. :smile:
Reply 3
Lawrence Tech also has a strong background in the Automotive industry. Their first campus was even located on the same site as Henry Ford's first Model-T assembly plant as a way for Ford's line workers to obtain an Engineering degree. To this day, companies like Ford and GM will come to campus to recruit students. This is in addition to the career fairs offered during the semester. LTU is also very research-focused. Students spend a lot of time working in research labs and even on industry-sponsored projects. The hands-on learning that students get at Lawrence Tech really helps students stand out when looking for jobs.

Hopefully this helps!
Don't know much about Lawrence Tech. But Kettering is a top tier university if you want to study Automotive engineering, as GM/Ford/Chrysler are within 50 miles of Flint, Michigan. The city is quite rough though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending