The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wot is the exact date we are meant to go down to london?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
email the department and see. I have been told i move in on the 17th and start on the 18th. most courses start a bit later, although quite a few people seem to be moving in on the 17th. I am going to try to get the uni to let me move in on the 16th, or i'll have big problems shifting my stuff down.
Reply 42
BlytheK
I'm there for Med - looking forward to meeting everyone there! Congrats to all of you on your results!

thank-you hun, same to you.
Jo
xx
Reply 43
But Jo your doing Nursing....thats why your going early...we're supposed to go down on the 23rd
Reply 44
badboy_sdx
But Jo your doing Nursing....thats why your going early...we're supposed to go down on the 23rd

thats why i said "most courses start a bit later" Although i have heard a lot of people are moving in on the 17th. i suppose it varies. people should just wait until next week, because we're all going to get notification soon.
Reply 45
Bissman
Wot is the exact date we are meant to go down to london?

Freshers week starts on the 18th. I think most courses start on the 25th (Law does anyway)
Reply 46
Loafer
Freshers week starts on the 18th. I think most courses start on the 25th (Law does anyway)

I'm on holiday till sept 20th so i'll miss some of freshers week (what a great start to uni hehe) Do we have any proper lectures that week?
Reply 47
Do you really think that they'd want to take the risk of deserted lecture theatres? :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 48
Me for compueter science
:redface:
Reply 49
Xaphania
I'm on holiday till sept 20th so i'll miss some of freshers week (what a great start to uni hehe) Do we have any proper lectures that week?

don't worry, if you miss it. i don't even get freshers!
Reply 50
If I remember correctly from the KCL website, last year term officially started on Monday 26th September, but people moved in the weekend before (Saturday 17th/Sunday 18th) in time for Freshers Week, although obviously some courses may be different. Which means... 4 weeks to go!
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it freshers fortnight, at kc?

I thought that too
No, it's freshers week. At least, it was last year... and unless things have drastically changed, it should be the same this year.
Reply 55
Hmmm, it's either only "propaganda" or Dschingis was that drunk that he doesn't remember the second week. :p: :ninja:
Reply 56
BlytheK
If I remember correctly from the KCL website, last year term officially started on Monday 26th September, but people moved in the weekend before (Saturday 17th/Sunday 18th) in time for Freshers Week, although obviously some courses may be different. Which means... 4 weeks to go!

so as a nursing student i start my course (actually start it) on the 18th, so does that mean they'll let me move in from the saturday? i haven been really worrying they'd tell me sunday 17th!
Jammertal
I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't. Every uni does. Can any current student shed light on this?

KCLSU.org give you a basic info pack in the post and you'll get loads more when you arrive at your residence. :wink:
Reply 58

Im almost certain Law course officialy starts on the 24th. So it must be freshers week.
law is no fun though ;—P

Latest