The Student Room Group

Books to Prepare for CIMA

So I'm starting a job with Babcock in their finance team in September and will also be starting a CIMA qualification.
I want to do a bit of preparation for the qualification before I start while I have some free time over the summer. Thing is I don't want to buy all the official textbooks because they're quite pricey and I'm pretty certain the company covers all the cost of materials once I actually start.
So i was wondering if there are any decent general books/blogs/etc I should start reading to get myself up to speed before I start? I want to give myself as much of a head start as possible to make juggling full time work and study as easy as possible.
Reply 1
Firstly have a look at the schedule of courses to be delivered. If you know you'll be trained by Kaplan, you can locate the timetable for your centre which tells you what order you'll be taking the exams in.

Would really suggest reading accounting books by Colin Drury.

You'll wanna get a head start on learning fundamentals like debits and credit & financial statements as they can be tricky to get your head around.

Check if you can subscribe to CIMA yet and get exemptions. Saves a lot of gaff at the start.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I must suggest you to get online books or search in Google for book, there you will get lot of books online. You must ask to your seniors who qualified these exam or you take the help of training center and their course material, it would be good for you if you find some reference book and issue it from the library, I must suggest you to start from managerial level book it would be better for starting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending