The Student Room Group

AQA C3 June 2014 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charak05
Yeah, you can't switch the limits just to make the larger one the upper limit if that makes sense :smile: And yeah, you'd probably only drop the final accuracy!

lol hope so - probly get 4/6 though :frown:
Original post by MrLegendary
Can someone write a solution for question 6 please?

I'm actually really trying to do this haha, got the correct answer in the exam and now I've got a dodgy negative sign hanging around making it wrong :frown: Can't work it out, yet I managed it fine this morning
Reply 182
If I got 53-55 what grade do you think that will be?
Original post by MrLegendary
Can someone write a solution for question 6 please?

Got it! :smile:
cccore 3.jpg
Reply 184
I'm sure the grade boundary predictions on here are too high. Looking at last years thread, 63 was the general consensus for an A with some even suggesting that it would be 66! The actual boundary for an A was only 60 last year. Just remember that TSR is not a representative sample of the country in terms if ability. For example, I was the only one at my school to get the completing the square question . That's why I'm quite confident that as this years paper was no easier that last years, the A* boundary will be 65-66.
Reply 185
I'd guess 96/97 :smile:

That seems good because I'm better at c3 than c4. But tbh I should have got 73/75.
For the estimate you have given me, what mark are you assuming an A* to be?
If I got 64ish in this paper, how many marks would I need to get an A* or an A overall? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a123a
That seems good because I'm better at c3 than c4. But tbh I should have got 73/75.
For the estimate you have given me, what mark are you assuming an A* to be?

I'm guessing about 66 now but idk, I keep changing my mind!!
Original post by mA*ths
I'm sure the grade boundary predictions on here are too high. Looking at last years thread, 63 was the general consensus for an A with some even suggesting that it would be 66! The actual boundary for an A was only 60 last year. Just remember that TSR is not a representative sample of the country in terms if ability. For example, I was the only one at my school to get the completing the square question . That's why I'm quite confident that as this years paper was no easier that last years, the A* boundary will be 65-66.

Thinking about it now, I completely agree. None of my friends or anybody I spoke to at school got the completing the square question either, tbh I only got it because I spent the last half an hour of the exam staring at it waiting for a eureka moment! :P
Reply 189
cccore 3.jpg

Hey! For this I did everything the same but at the end I forgot to multiply the pie^2/4 by 0.5. So I got as my answer, "pie(pie^2/4 -1/2)".
so do you think I would lose 2 or 1 marks?
cccore 3.jpg

Woo thank you! Damn think I dropped a couple of marks here
Original post by a123a
Hey! For this I did everything the same but at the end I forgot to multiply the pie^2/4 by 0.5. So I got as my answer, "pie(pie^2/4 -1/2)".
so do you think I would lose 2 or 1 marks?

Maybe one accuracy and then one for final answer? It really depends on the mark scheme but definitely no more than 2 marks if you did everything else right :smile:
Reply 192
I'm guessing about 66 now but idk, I keep changing my mind!!

I say probably 65 for an A*. And 72/73 for 100ums.
Just because of no jan exams.

Think that'd sneak an A? I may have gotten higher, I was pretty harsh when it came to how many marks for working so hopefully the mark scheme will be generous and it'll be higher.
Original post by a123a
I say probably 65 for an A*. And 72/73 for 100ums.
Just because of no jan exams.

Really hope so! Want 100 UMS in C3 so I barely have to scrape an A in C4 to get an A* overall. Because I'm lazy like that. :biggrin:
Original post by Jojoestar

Think that'd sneak an A? I may have gotten higher, I was pretty harsh when it came to how many marks for working so hopefully the mark scheme will be generous and it'll be higher.

Yeah I think that'd definitely be an A!
cccore 3.jpg

man i keep ****ing up **** right at the end of the question :frown: its like I've got 4or5 out of 6 for all the big intergration questions :frown:

in this case i got a sign the the wrong way round so my final answer was just pie^3/8 !!!
Reply 197
Maybe one accuracy and then one for final answer? It really depends on the mark scheme but definitely no more than 2 marks if you did everything else right :smile:

Ah crap! Oh well with that 2 marks and 3/2 from the inverse one, I've got about 70/71.
oh yeah for the second mod graph (the one with the stretch in the x) I got like an M shape with the graph crossing the x axis at -1 and 1. I've just seen a pic on here and it was slightly different as the pic showed nothing below the x axis. I'm pretty sure all you had to do was stretch my SF 1/2 in the x and reflect the RHS in the y axis. Is this correct?
Original post by cuckoo99
are you sure you havent done the substitution question wrong? just did it again now and im geting ln2/3 + 1/3 ( what i got in the exam i think), It seems that you haven't taken -1/3 out of the integral- you have taken 1/3.

You can ignore if you already understand it

When x=1 you get

-ln(2) + 2/3

which can be written as ln(1/2) + 2/3

when x=0 you get -ln(3) +1

written as ln(1/3) + 1

ln(1/2) - ln (1/3) +2/3 - 1
Reply 199
Really hope so! Want 100 UMS in C3 so I barely have to scrape an A in C4 to get an A* overall. Because I'm lazy like that. :biggrin:

Ah same! Do you think you've got 75/75?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending