The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh my, this thread makes me proper nervous ngl, not just for this year but for next year as well!!

Oh ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
I haven't actually come across any videos where this has happened yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Law-Hopeful
There's a really tragic/funny one where a girl misses her offer and looks like she's about to break down on live tv, but I can't find it now! :frown: I'll continue to search for it! :lol:

I know which one you mean, it's a sick source of enjoyment for me. Obviously apart from that girl, surely they've looked at Track?I can see myself being unable to sleep and watching the news of results day morning and freaking myself out even more.
I can't even begin to put into words what I'll be feeling on the night of August 13th.

I think I'll be up for an all nighter. Definitely not going to look at track beforehand because that just ruins all the atmosphere, and it potentially ruins the celebrations if you've made the offer.
Original post by ThatNorthernLad
I can't even begin to put into words what I'll be feeling on the night of August 13th.

I think I'll be up for an all nighter. Definitely not going to look at track beforehand because that just ruins all the atmosphere, and it potentially ruins the celebrations if you've made the offer.

I think that but then what if you just miss your offer and you're accepted anyway or if you miss your offer entirely? Still not sure what I'm going to do aaargh
Original post by Anonymous #2
I think that but then what if you just miss your offer and you're accepted anyway or if you miss your offer entirely? Still not sure what I'm going to do aaargh

If you miss your offer and your offer becomes unconditional track will tell you I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissB26
If you miss your offer and your offer becomes unconditional track will tell you I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but the poster was on about getting their results first.
I can see myself being unable to sleep and watching the news of results day morning and freaking myself out even more.

Same! :ashamed2: We can check track from 8am, right?

In the morning news if they report "number getting top grades falls again" I'll be terrified! :afraid: What grades do you need for your firm choice and do you feel confident in getting that? :smile:
I know but the poster was on about getting their results first.

How exactly do you know? They didnt say it in response to anything so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! :ashamed2: We can check track from 8am, right?

In the morning news if they report "number getting top grades falls again" I'll be terrified! :afraid: What grades do you need for your firm choice and do you feel confident in getting that? :smile:

I know, I bet this thread will be going mad :tongue: I need 320 points including at least BB. Honestly no idea, my lit exam was a bit weird so I just hope the examiner interprets it nicely. What about you?
Original post by HarrietROAR
How exactly do you know? They didnt say it in response to anything so

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think 'Definitely not going to check Track beforehand' covers it.
Anyone's parents already requested a day off work just for results day ?
Mine have :s-smilie: :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I know, I bet this thread will be going mad :tongue: I need 320 points including at least BB. Honestly no idea, my lit exam was a bit weird so I just hope the examiner interprets it nicely. What about you?

What uni/course is that for? Best of luck for that! :smile:

I need A*AA in my top 3 a levels (I do 4) and I'm very confident that I achieved at least AAAA, but I'm really not sure where my A* will come from :s-smilie: Maths hopefully but that depends on the grade boundaries, politics could be A* but just like eng lit for you it depends on the examiners and whether they like it or not! :tongue:
I think one of the worst things is that my dad is expecting me to do well, and I have a feeling I've let him down :frown: want results day to hurry up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What uni/course is that for? Best of luck for that! :smile:

I need A*AA in my top 3 a levels (I do 4) and I'm very confident that I achieved at least AAAA, but I'm really not sure where my A* will come from :s-smilie: Maths hopefully but that depends on the grade boundaries, politics could be A* but just like eng lit for you it depends on the examiners and whether they like it or not! :tongue:

Thanks! It's for psychology at Northumbria. Really unsure about the uni now though, there's better modules elsewhere.
I'm guessing you're studying law? :tongue: Where at?
Original post by livealittle

YES! my mom's coming to school and everything :cry2:
Thanks! It's for psychology at Northumbria. Really unsure about the uni now though, there's better modules elsewhere.
I'm guessing you're studying law? :tongue: Where at?

Oh right :s-smilie: Have you checked UCAS extra to see if the other unis still have places? Might be worth doing to see if you can transfer to them on results day?

Is it that obvious? :wink: At Cambridge hopefully! But if I don't get an A* and end up with AAAA it'll be Warwick which I'll also be happy with! :smile:

Original post by lauraaaaa
YES! my mum's coming to school and everything :cry2:

Sorry to interject, but I feel I have a duty to do so when British people say 'mom' instead of mum... :redface:

That could be a good thing for support, and also if you check track in the morning and it's all gone well then you have nothing to worry about! :tongue:
Reply 395
Aha I wondered when this thread might materialise, can't believe I've only just noticed it! :wink:

I was speaking to my head of Sixth Form the other day and he'll know my results a full 24 hours before I do, the thought of which sickens me! :tongue:

The worst bit is that I feel right on the boundary between making my offer and missing it, so the build-up is going to be.. interesting! :afraid:
Oh right :s-smilie: Have you checked UCAS extra to see if the other unis still have places? Might be worth doing to see if you can transfer to them on results day?

Is it that obvious? :wink: At Cambridge hopefully! But if I don't get an A* and end up with AAAA it'll be Warwick which I'll also be happy with! :smile:

Still not sure, I love Newcastle as a city and Newcastle University's entry requirements are AAA which I know I haven't got and I think it's doubtful they'll be BBB on results day. Suppose I've got some time to think though!

Best of luck for the 14th! I love how you say 'end up with AAAA', haha! My best case scenario is BBB in realistic terms.
I better join the bandwagon...god I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
Original post by lauraaaaa
YES! my mom's coming to school and everything :cry2:

Nah mine has never done that, I'm glad too because whether I've done good or bad I take like 10 mins to reflect on all the shizz I had to do to get my grades.

I didnt even bother hanging around on AS results day, I enrolled for A2 then went home to celebrate my results with my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by livealittle

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel your pain, but it could be useful if you have to go through Clearing - two extra people/phones to help get through those busy phone lines.

Latest